Critique Welcomed Sunny Southern California

I have driven through this part of the world a couple of times and your image really invokes strong memories of the landscape. Also, the huge, overwhelmingly bright sun is perfect in this context.
Very nice indeed.

I have driven through this part of the world a couple of times and your image really invokes strong memories of the landscape. Also, the huge, overwhelmingly bright sun is perfect in this context.
Very nice indeed.
Thanks a lot, Chris. Were you on holiday in California?

Yes, we like to do long trips around the National Parks when we get a chance. We like to use the old county roads rather than the big ones so we can see the real version of the places we go to.
The first time we went by that way, would have been the late nineties and we were heading from Death Valley via Ridgecrest and then on up to King's Canyon. The second trip was in 2015 and we were heading back to King's Canyon and Sequoia parks. We set out from LA but since we would later be going up to Mono Lake and then down to Tonopah, I had an overwhelming desire live out the lyrics of the Little Feat song 'Willin' '...

...and to drive from Tehachapi to Tonopah. We do things like that!

My overwhelming memory of the Kern County part of the trip is of nodding donkeys and orange trees.

Hahaha. Great that you did the drive mentioned in the song. I've been to Tehachapi a few times but I've never driven to Tonopah from there. I guess I must put that on the bucket list now...? :D Songs evoke memories, don't they?

Driving the lesser roads is the best way to see a country. Same with train travel I find.

Thanks for the comments, Chris.

Back