Testing my wife's LX

The LX certainly seems none the worse for it’s years of inactivity 🤓. I particularly like the last shot with it’s quirky light and shadow play.

These are great! The last one is fantastic.

What was the film you used?
Semi-stand development with Rodinal is one of my favourite methods of developing. I often use it when there's an unknown quantity at play or if I'm experimenting with a new (to me) or old film. I especially love the way I can change ISO mid roll and know that I will get a usable result.

As for the LX, I wanted one since I was a teenager and finally found one for myself a year or so ago. I love it to bits and it feels as though it was made with me in mind. Just a couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to borrow a Nikon F3 to shoot a couple of rolls with and I expected the Nikon to live up to it's reputation. It was a lovely camera, but, hand on heart, if I were to be given the choice of the two as the only camera I could use, I would not hesitate to go for the LX.

Those are fine shots. I like the jumbled confusion of the first one, so many different objects.
I see a witch has parked her broom there. :)

These are great! The last one is fantastic.

What was the film you used?
Semi-stand development with Rodinal is one of my favourite methods of developing. I often use it when there's an unknown quantity at play or if I'm experimenting with a new (to me) or old film. I especially love the way I can change ISO mid roll and know that I will get a usable result.

As for the LX, I wanted one since I was a teenager and finally found one for myself a year or so ago. I love it to bits and it feels as though it was made with me in mind. Just a couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to borrow a Nikon F3 to shoot a couple of rolls with and I expected the Nikon to live up to it's reputation. It was a lovely camera, but, hand on heart, if I were to be given the choice of the two as the only camera I could use, I would not hesitate to go for the LX.
Chris, thanks. FP4 was the film, my favourite, but I was too aggressive with the agitation - less next time. The tap is my favourite too. There's a story behind the LX which I'll write up for 35mmc.

Those are fine shots. I like the jumbled confusion of the first one, so many different objects.
I see a witch has parked her broom there. :)
Thanks Dave. Well spotted - there's so much in there it all just seems junk. Fairly typical countryside home, every small town has half a dozen.

What's an LX?
Pentax LX, Brian.

Pentax LX, Brian.
Thank you for an appropriate and informative response Chris. It's a refreshing change from the juvenile humour that so often prevails from some members here. (@Pete Askew: :p)

Back