Critique Welcomed That's it, now straight down.

Peter Roberts

Naff though I can't help thinking it is to go to somewhere like the Photographers' Gallery in Soho with a camera slung over your shoulder I'm glad I did when I went there recently. I spotted this little scenario on the way....

IMG_0026.jpg

A bit too tightly composed perhaps but if I had lingered the moment would have been lost.

Minolta XD7 / Rokkor 45mm f2 / Tri X / Rodinal

This is great! Well seen. I love to spot unique moments like this, it always feels like a small privilege. The framing is fine for me, as it shows that it wasn't staged.

I actually like the tight framing as I think it emphasises the 'intensity' of the moment, and that moment is what this image is all about. Super stuff, Peter.
Thanks, Pete. There's a very fine line between capturing the moment and ending up with a so so image. I have to admit that even the greats sometimes underwhelm me at times.

Hahaha! Some little envelopes in the shop window display have fallen down the gap between the counter and the shop window. The girl behind the window is trying to recover them with a litter picker. She can't see where to position the picker because the gap is so narrow and the window is in the way. So the girl outside is directing her with hand signals.

Naff though I can't help thinking it is to go to somewhere like the Photographers' Gallery in Soho with a camera slung over your shoulder I'm glad I did when I went there recently. I spotted this little scenario on the way....

View attachment 17272

A bit too tightly composed perhaps but if I had lingered the moment would have been lost.

Minolta XD7 / Rokkor 45mm f2 / Tri X / Rodinal
You have to grab the opportunity when you can. Can't remember which famous photographer said this (maybe Eisenstadt or Cartier-Bresson) but the message was if it's a fleeting moment take the shot while its there, worry about settings later. This is a nice action shot!

You have to grab the opportunity when you can. Can't remember which famous photographer said this (maybe Eisenstadt or Cartier-Bresson) but the message was if it's a fleeting moment take the shot while its there, worry about settings later. This is a nice action shot!
That's exactly the discipline I'm trying to adopt. Observe, grab a shot if I can and then move on. If you overthink it you've lost it.

Back