Critique Welcomed The Getty At Closing Time

Brian Moore

This is a shot I took a couple of years ago for the Cheap As Chips Challenge. I don't know if I ever posted this one. Even if I did I would have posted it as a straight-out-of-the-developing-tank image because in those days I never did any post processing of images at all.

But even if I had posted this image previously its still different now because I applied a few adjustments in Lr to see how it looked. (Brought down the highlights and adjusted toning and luminance and also straightened the image.)

I took this shot at the Getty Center in Los Angeles on the evening January 31, 2012. I used a Konica Autoreflex TC which I had picked up at a local "Goodwill" store, and Ilford Delta 100 that I had somehow come into possession of cheaply, the entire set (camera and film) costing about $15 which with the exchange rate I estimated qualified for the Cheap As Chips Challenge, entry into which was to have been with camera and film that cost no more than 10 quid as I recall. (But even if I miscalculated it is a moot point because I did not win the challenge, and I shall not name who won it because I see no reason to give Dodkin any more notoriety than he already gets. And no I'm not bitter about it. So there!)

I took the shot using a wall pod to steady the camera. But the top surface of the wall was not flat, and this is why I needed to straighten the image. Also, the undefined area on the lower right is the wall, out of focus.

So now I'm wondering if I actually posted the damn thing twice previously. o_O

You're a damn fine detective Pete! (I guess that's why you're commander of the Dust Police!:p)

Thanks, Pete! :)

Nothing escapes the eagle eye of tracker Pete!

Love that shot Brian, and the tweaks are excellent.

Cheap as chips challenge, now why does that ring a bell? :rolleyes:

Back