THE most bizarre thread

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
I've been following a bizarre thread on DPReview - so although it's not my thing to copy links to another forum, this one you should read, just for it's pure bizarre nature. :p

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1029&message=39072195

Here's the set-up. A new forum member's first post claims that he has all of the Canon lenses currently in production - every one.

He waxes on about one lens vs another - looking to be a reference for forum members.

He then goes on to say he owns several new lenses, which although announced, have yet to go on sale due to the problems in Japan after the quake... :confused: :confused:

Bizarre! If I said I had the complete Lensbaby (Nikon fit) collection would you believe me?!! OK, not quite as 'impressive' but sadly, I realise when wondering if I could make any such claims, true!! I even have some bits I've never used (OK, they came as part of set). I would take a picture to prove it but I can't be arsed!! So don't even ask! :) And, what's more who cares, I'm not even sure why I bothered typing this!! I'm going to stop now and make dinner.

Dinner-1.jpg

See, I told you I was making dinner!! But you HAD to have proof, didn't you!!

That food looks photoshoped to me... And why can't I see any feet in the reflection ... Something funny going on here!
What are you trying to pull??

Well, if you're going to doubt me I can give the phone number of the greengrocer I bought the vegetables from! And it's pretty obvious to anyone who knows ANYTHING about photography that I'm wearing cloaking slippers!! No wonder you're only 'half working'!!

;)

Last edited:
A copy of the reciept for both slippers and veg will do!
And I'll be inspecting the meta data for one reason or another ... I'll be needing you to use the d3 with it's image verification thing going too ...

Veggies, no problem, I'm pretty sure he keeps detailed records. The cloaking slippers haven't been officially released yet but Hush Puppies in Potsdam made this pair up specially for me as a pre-release. Will re-shoot with D3 tomorrow but bear in mind that we've eaten half of the tajine (actually more like a third as we weren't that hungry) and it might look slightly different once it's been re-heated (I can assure you that this is perfectly normal for a Coriander and Apricot, vegetable tajine).

Some people just can't take things at face value. This is so typical of this forum!!

Last edited:
YOu guys need professional help! ;)

To be honest Chris, I thought you would e on my side here... I'm not angry, just disappointed!
This Pete has always stuck me as a bit shifty ... And nOw he's trying to pull this "reheated" tajine thing on us ...very sus of you ask... I'm not happy about it and frankly expected a bit more support from you!

(Heh, i love this forum!)

Back