Theme: Your Bookshelf

kodak retinette 17 i believe. definitely a retinette (cause it's written on the back, not cause i'm the expert in these film things), not sure about the 17 (cause it's not written on the back). there's also a brownie hawkeye, starflash and reflex.

the coffee cup is tea cup from japan, there's a dragon statue, some other statue of two guys carrying a woman and his air force dog tags. the frame is something my great grandmother put together of his wings, unit patches and stripes when he left the air force. not shown are 4 screen prints, a japanese fan and a letter opener.

the toys are all there, between the books and the other stuff. easy access.

Here's one not so well organized, maybe by topic except for the Ambrose book. Lots of maps on the left and mostly books on Montana and Glacier National Park. A few WWII titles.

8583459156_6838b7c7da_c.jpg

Two new contributions while I was sleeping, and both excellent. Beth, the photo is good, but I liked your description as well. Ralph, what's that thing with your name on it, bottom right?

In our kitchen there are just a few of our cookbooks...my other hobby. We had to downsize big time when we move from a house to an apartment. A sacrifice that I really have enjoyed.
Bookcase_zps44fc0086.jpg

I have another one

0C43B2C1-2F36-447B-B4A6-61BF48434919-6841-00000607DC0D48BA_zps920464ae.jpg

Ok, top left reading right...
Old camera with very old pneumatic shutter lens on the front, zeiss nettar, lubitel 166.
a clock, some grass a gave to Hannah on a walk the first summer we were together, a watch she gave me a few weeks after we met. a green bottle
a small white vase, connie as a baby, me with my dog when she was a pup, a small wooden elephant.
A metal Bhudda, a voightlander vitomatic 11a with close up filter, a metal tin with some feathers of our dead chickens and budgies in, some homeopathic medicin of some ilk.
malta glass paper weight, comet, bolex, some shakespear and a bible (just some small books)
keys

Last edited:
Hamish,
That looks more like a camera shelf than a bookshelf? ;)

Thought you might recognise the card - it's the exact same one.

To be honest, I've forgotten half of what Susan has contributed to [doh] She is both industrious and quiet.

Back