They Gazed in Wonder...

Here are the two original files used. The first was shot using a focusing spot to illuminate the airship and the soft box was used to backlight the background and the yellow and red reflectors. The second shot was from my hotel in Hong Kong last year and bits were used to composite with the apartment cutouts in the first.

Airship-12_zps8e6d5b83.jpg~original

Airship-13_zps611bf75f.jpg~original

Thanks, Brian. I did do a mono version but missed the nice green and the clouds weren't as good. The lighting balance is tricky in some ways. What I want is a spotlight from below picking the I-929 out. I have had a play with that idea and will do some more this weekend I hope. Here is the mono though:

Airship-14_zpsaac6a7af.jpg~original

Thanks Pete. The subdued lighting in the first image in the post as well as that in the foggy image with the artifacts seems most appealing to me.

This is great, Like them very much, the foggy BW is best for me. I'm with Rob, I guess you are preparing for Kids-TV. Always interesting look behind the scenes!

Hm, sounds like a typical unexpected interrupt when having a completely different aim and project in mind.
I had to interrupt last weekend my "film copy stand" work. I freed Christiane's old enlarger from the dust of the last 100 years and tried to digitize my on my own just developed BW film. My system generated then also a lot of fog, better called smoke from residual dust and maybe aged plastics due to the heat of the enlarger lamp...
Looking for your next scene.

Rob,
I tried to fix a connector of Pete's copy stand some time ago. There was some soldering required and the repair didn't went that good as it should, but it worked. I hope for my own, it is not the repaired connector, not sure. :(

Rest easy, Detlef, the wiring is all fine - I have checked it all. The fault must be with the pump. I have isolated the fused outlet from the control panel that the pump uses from the main supply and left that on its own on the panel fuse as there a fuse in the English plug anyway. So at least the lights work OK and the pump will then now have its own, secondary fuse. Just need to fix the pump and remember to buy a 220V 20mm glass fuse appropriate for the rating of the pump.

Love them! Why don't you try something in between both (colour wise)?
Very elaborated too! You're a big child after all I guess ;)

Back