Twitter

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
Firstly RPF now has a twitter feed http://twitter.com/RealPhotogForum

I am trying to get into all this social networking lark ...

I have found a "hack" for the forum that would tweet every new thread ...

this has 2 advantages

1, it means that should anyone choose to follow the forum's twitter feed they would get a tweet in their feed from us ... which is a nice easy way to keep up with whats happening

2, its good for the forums indexing in google ...

What do we think... nice idea?

Yes i agree mate, its brilliant idea..........!!! I will follow (@minfforddchef)

Good idea and I will see about signing up to tweeter.

Nice one Hamish :)

I use a hack that tweets every track I play on my hifi as part of my 'chilled downtempo' facebook group, and it certainly attracts folks and assists with the SEO.

As for tweeting that I just got up to make a Marmite sandwich or following some pointless celeb, I just can't see the point!

Pete - LMAO! It's what the kids are into apparently

Pete - LMAO! It's what the kids are into apparently
What??? Marmite sandwiches or giving a running commentary on their lives???

Personally I don't do all this Social Networking stuff as I can't imagine why anyone would be interested in me saying "I've finished eating my dinner now I'm going to take a dump to make space for my dessert.....":confused::confused:;)

Glen - TMI!

right with you Glen, its narcissism basically ... asuming people might be interested in what you had for lunch etc...
BUT, this is different ... we are all here to share our photography etc with other people and this should help us do just that!

Hamish - there is also the option to tweet what ever goes on the RPF facebook page automatically - I use that option on work's twitter feed - very handy.

Glen - TMI!
TMI! ....:confused:. Sorry Chis can I have a clue, I'm not up to date with all these abbreviations:eek::eek:.

BUT, this is different ... we are all here to share our photography etc with other people and this should help us do just that!
Sorry Hamish, I wasn't having a go at your idea of expanding RPF to other "mediums" (is that the right word:confused:), I think it's a good idea to get the forum noticed elswehere.
It's just the usual stuff I've read about Twitter and such like that I don't see the point of:).

TMI! ....:confused:. Sorry Chis can I have a clue, I'm not up to date with all these abbreviations:eek::eek:.

Sorry Hamish, I wasn't having a go at your idea of expanding RPF to other "mediums" (is that the right word:confused:), I think it's a good idea to get the forum noticed elswehere.
It's just the usual stuff I've read about Twitter and such like that I don't see the point of:).

aaah the downfals of comunication by text ... i didnt think you were matey ... i have avoided twitter like i would the plague up until now!

Too Much Information FWIW - OMG!

Too Much Information FWIW - OMG!

I see, thanks Chis and just did a Google search to find out what "FWIW" means LOL!
I must get myself a Text Speak dictionary:eek:.

Back