Critique Welcomed Two Union Square

Great comp., Brian. Very pleasing on the eye as it traverses the space. You’ve always been good at architecture, but I think you’ve hit a very creative vein at the moment. Keep up the great work.

Brian, do you consider this an use of the Dutch Angle/Tilt? It does make the composition eye catching.
Thanks for your comment John and also for your question. I never thought about the Dutch Tilt until you mentioned it here; it's a good question.

As I recall, I did, in fact, tilt the camera to get the entire building in, but I tried to give the illusion that the building was square to the frame by making the line of the lower building horizontal. I was hoping it would seem like how you see a tall building when you're up close and look straight up. Maybe I'd call it a "Scotch Tilt." :rolleyes:

Thanks again, John.

I like this a lot Brian. Interesting angle and composition.

How are you getting on with the Hoya filter? Would you do a full IR conversion on an old body or just use the filter?

A most unusual composition, works very well. The IR really brings out all of the architectural details in the buuilding. I am really enjoying your pictures.

I like this a lot Brian. Interesting angle and composition.

How are you getting on with the Hoya filter? Would you do a full IR conversion on an old body or just use the filter?
Thank you Milan. A feature of the Sigma SD Quattro is that it has an easily removable IR blocking filter. (You just need a pair of tweezers to take it out or put it in.) With the IR block removed, the Hoya R72 filter on the lens and the sensor set for B&W you get digital IR. It's very simple. (I think converting a conventional digital camera to IR would cost several hundred dollars which would have been off-putting to me. I just wish I had experimented with IR on the Sigma sooner than I did.) Thanks again Milan.

A most unusual composition, works very well. The IR really brings out all of the architectural details in the buuilding. I am really enjoying your pictures.
That's very kind of you Dave. Thank you.

I love the clean, almost graphic, presentation that the technique delivers, Brian. And I think your intent with regards the composition has proved to be very effective. I also like that you have chosen to shoot it in landscape format; it makes for a much more interesting image as a result.

I love the clean, almost graphic, presentation that the technique delivers, Brian. And I think your intent with regards the composition has proved to be very effective. I also like that you have chosen to shoot it in landscape format; it makes for a much more interesting image as a result.
Thanks Pete. I appreciate your comments.

Back