"Vintage Post Process" Theme

Here's one...

6602390547_af2e74b8a1_o.jpg
Very 19th Century, Dave. I love it.

Here is my first attempt at creating a vintage photo post process, took this photo on Sunday with my new D3100 :D

competitionentry.jpg

I've not gone quite as antique as the previous entries.

Not sure if I can enter 2 of the same image? I tried 2 different styles - the B/W I was trying to get that lovely crisp 60's black and white image, and the colour was more like 60's/70's cheaply processed colour film of an image taken on a slightly rubbish camera :) Not sure either have succeeded! The colour ones gone a bit to dark I think.

All done on the iPhone - just to see if I could really :) PP done in SnapSpeed. The pic was taken at Brooklands at the weekend at the Double 12 event.

photo.jpg
Snapseed.jpg

Took this shot about a month ago with a Canon Snappy 35 point & shoot and Arista EDU 400 film. I tried to give it a 1960s look.

AristaEDU400-029-2.jpg

Some great posts in here!
i really didn't expect the antique looking images but I love them
as Lesley says though clues to te process would would really good!

I've been too busy of late and missed this delightful thread. Might try to contribute soon, though I'm a bit overawed by the contributions so far. Good fun.

Some great posts in here!
i really didn't expect the antique looking images but I love them
as Lesley says though clues to te process would would really good!
For mine I adopted a very simple tweak. Given that, at least to me, the fotie already had a '60's "feel" to it, I just applied a little of the "HDR-ish" effect which is one of the editing options in Picassa. This tended to make the image more contrasty, and to me made it look more 60s.

Does it come across as a 60s image?

Last edited:
Brian - I think you hit the nail on the head - and the lack of any obvious 'modern' items in the image also helps a great deal.

Just saw you wanted the pp as well
Easy really PP in lightroom go to develop top one antique grayscale the second done in sepia on the lightroom set adjustments then re auto adjust the photo as otherwise its to bright IMHO then negative vignette on both to age the photo a bit more

Some of you may remember my day out at Ragley Hall that I posted over a year ago now.
So I thought I'd post it for the latest members who have joined us.
It's the only 'vintage' shot and processing that I'm happy with.
The PP was simple.
Rubbed a bit of monochrome in it, whizzed up the tone curve, warmed up the WB a notch, and slapped it a pile of gussian blur on it and WEHAAAAY!! wookin wintage!!

Ragley Vintage by dajoolzcat, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

And not to mention I chopped off the signal receiver from the top using a clone saw!! :D:D

- - - Updated - - -

Here's one from this morning

52916f62-4ff8-420f-94b9-13f30530d9fb-l

Addy plays with pavement chalk

I figured it was an old school theme - no video games or iPads involved!

Shot in color, used a 3 stop ND filter to allow me to shoot wide open at f/1.4 in sunlight for shallow DOF.

pp to B&W in NIK SIlver FX

Then toned sepia, and brightness adjusted to overexpose slightly - contrast reduced, and sharpness reduced to make it look more film like.

Negative vignette applied to bleach the sides on the image - and a simple old style photo frame added, again in sepia/aged color.

Thin black edge applied to define the image boundary for posting online.

FANTASTICO CHRISTOF!!!
You good really get away with that as a vintage shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's one...

6602390547_af2e74b8a1_o.jpg

Another superb example there!!
Very convincing Dave and stunning!

Last edited:
Hi All
I have just recently joined the forum (looks great) and this thread caught my eye and I thought I would post my first image here. Taken in Rhodes Town this June.

Lady in Rhodes Castle by stevedormerphotography, on Flickr

I love turning travel photos into monochrome when the scene presents itself that way. I thought this image did that perfectly. One small point, I did not realise at first was the ladies walking stick, a giveaway as it is a modern walking stick.

I never noticed the walking stick being modern, and the whole image had me wondering if you were presenting a real old photo, pretending you had taken it! Really well done :)

Back