Whitewater Woods

From a short outing today with the Sigma DP2 Merrill

WhitewaterWoods-1_zps1518bab9.jpg~original

Sigma DP2 Merrill. ISO 100, 1/800s at f1:4.0. PP in SPP, LR and Nik ColorFX Pro 4.

I was going to say careful with the old camera shake ;)

Good shot, Pete. I really like it. And the choice of shutter speed is perfect. Nice toning too. And, of course, it has to be square.

It's good to concentrate on just the reflection, not the thing itself.

It's the ratio of focal length to, effectively,the front element diameter. It has no dimension but, theoretically, provides a fixed reference of one lens to another. It does not take account of dispersion etc though and so one lens with a specific aperture will often vary from another due to differences in dispersion etc. However, this difference is usually very small and therefore negligible. In cinematography, the actual amount of light transmitted is accounted for / measured and the aperture values (often not click 'stopped') are shown as T (transmission) values in the same numeric progression.

It's the ratio of focal length to, effectively,the front element diameter. It has no dimension but, theoretically, provides a fixed reference of one lens to another. It does not take account of dispersion etc though and so one lens with a specific aperture will often vary from another due to differences in dispersion etc. However, this difference is usually very small and therefore negligible. In cinematography, the actually amount of light transmitted is accounted for / measured and the aperture values (often not click 'stopped') are shown as T (transmission) values in the same numeric progression.

That's easy for you to say...:rolleyes:

This is lovely work. On first sight I found it to have an almost painterly quality in the Impressionist style, particularly the shimmering movement at the bottom. Then again it reminded me of some of those fragile Japanese paintings. On top of all that the tone to it all is spot on.

very evocative Pete - the wobbly branches look very dreamlike I think

I somehow missed this one.... Amongst other things in my life. lol

Very creative and an excellent image Pete! :) fab!

It would indeed make an excellent album cover, which reminds me that square format has a long connection with music. Not just LPs, but CDs, singles, and even old 78s. I imagine Pete spent many of his teenage years into his twenties staring at album covers...it's in his DNA.

Back