Wide Open with Marco Lens (Wide Open Theme)

Paul Lange

Hope the theme also covers older shots, I haven't got any new ones to show at the moment.

All of these were taken with my 85mm Macro lens wide open at a heady f3.5. My P7000 goes to f2.8 but only at 28mm still giving quite a bit of DOF. I was hoping to take a few shots with that for the theme but really it seems like a nudge to go out and buy that fast prime lens I've never quite got round to buying.

DSC_0029.jpg

WoodShallowDOF.jpg

BlindBW.jpg

Just wondering, is it obvious that No 2 is wood grain with a very shallow DOF?

At first glance it looked like an operation scar, then I quickly realized what it was ;-).

These are cool man! I like them all for different reasons ...
How about cut or crop out that green in the top right corner so the subject is isolated more?
At first glance it looks too dark but then it seems to pop out at you ... Thumbs up from me!

I think you have a point there Hamish it does look better if the background is all black. I really like these kind of shots, I find something that is relatively bright coloured like a plant and take an underexposed shot but use the on camera flash with my macro diffuser widget ma thingy me bob to light just the subject. And who says that the weak on camera flash is useless!

I would like to say it was a witty homage to the Nikon adverts strapline; I Am Marco Polo but no. I think I know what Hamish is getting at, it's a bit of an in joke to do with another forum.

Yep....

(the art of sound hifi forum - I'm sure there a joke there somewhere :) )

Back