Woodpecker

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer
GOTYA.............!! ;);)

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker i Think.............!!

5353051728_fc0b1dfd5b_b.jpg

5352434409_5628851429_b.jpg

This chap is soooo timid, he visits the garden often, this is the first time i have managed to capture a decent shot of him.....!!

Magnificent looking bird though......i love watching him

high ISO used as daylight was fading so its a bit noisy :p

Daz

Nicely done - looks like he'd spotted you in #2!

At last!!! Someone else posting a couple of bird shots;)....lol.
Nice, sharp shots Darren, 100-400mm or the 200mm lens?? (Exif viewer still not working in Firefox:mad:)

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker i Think.............!!

Daz

Great Spotted Woodpecker Darren. You can tell by the red under the tail, Lesser Spotted would be white. Looks like I can see a bit of red on the back of his head in the first shot which would confirm it's a Male.

cheers folks i used 100-400mm for this shot, camera on tripod positioned outside in garden aimed at fat balls, then connected to laptop in house via cable were i could control camera functions directly from laptop using live view

was worth setting it up when it get a reasonable shot lol

Daz

Dude!! - that's one high tech shooting solution!

I think some pictures and a write-up on this shooting method would go down well - would never have thought of it myself.

quite simple really chris using eos utility software that came with camera............. will show pics of set up on my next attempt.......

using laptop i can control most of setting on camera from focus & focus points, ISO aperture WB shutter speed, shutter release its quite impressive really

Daz, this s an Amazing shot!!! Very impressed with the sound of your set up! Love it!

Back