Woohoo!!! It's holiday time.

Glen Roberts

I've been looking forward to this week for months and now it's finally arrived:D.
First thing in the morning we are off to Pembroke for a week. Hopefully the weather will be fine for a day out to Skomer for some Puffins and other sea birds and a few other nice scenic places.

I'm taking my laptop so hopefully I can get it working while I'm away and keep up with what's happening on RPF but I don't think I'll be able to post any pic's until we get back next week.

Incase I can't get online while away Bye Bye for now:cool::D:D:D.

Have a good holiday :)

Never been to Skomer, its been on the list of places to go for years, always end up going to Scotland and the Treshnish isles off Mull for puffins etc.

Me too ... Going to Wales ... Somewhere on the coast ... I too am going somewhere I always wanted to visit - Portmeirion
Way are staying in a house about 30 miles south of there, seemingly in the middle of no where ... Should be nice!
Mind the last 2 weeks getting everything ready to on holiday have been enough to warrant the trip alone ... House/pet sitter, aranging with all my clients to speak to Greg for a week, getting enough done to satisfy all of them for a week, on top of that we have just had the most busy 2 weeks since we started the company ... Madness!

Anyway, Glen, enjoy your hols! I shall look forward to seeing some shots on my return! :)

Great stuff Hamish!

Enjoy the break and take great photos, looking forward to seeing some of them.

Be safe,
Rudi

Hope you have a great time mate, looking forward to seeing your photos......!! :)

Don't forget Hamish - you're not a number, you're a free man!

Enjoy the 'Village' :) :)

Did anyone see the mini series remake with Ian mckelan and the James cavizel (I can't even say it never mid spell it) bloke ... It was actually really good! Not shot in portmeirion though, in fact it looked like it was shot in an actual desert ... Anyway, yeah, check it out if you can, def worth a watch! Ill be damned I I can tell you what happens mind ... I missed little bits of a few eps and one entirely ... But even if I had seen it all I don't think I could tell you what happens... A bit boggling it was!

I did see an episode at a friends house (I don't own a TV) but found it difficult to get the original out of my head. However, I could imagine that if you had gotten into it, it would have been pretty good - and it can't have been any more cryptic than the original.

I've never seen much of the original beyond the odd ep an clips in the sort of show that shows clips ... Although I have obviously seen quite a lot of parody in various other programmes and films etc!
Maybe that's why I liked the remake!

Agree Hamish, new series was good but totally confusing!

Un yet, despite being baffled ... I found the end very satisfactory! ... Bit like donny darco .. **** knows what that's about, but I really like it! And am more than satisfied by how it ends ... Awesome soundtrack too!

Got back yesterday and after driving nearly nine hours was totally knackered.
Had a great time with mixed weather but did manage to get to Skomer for the Puffins, it was weird lying down on the ground photographing Puffins with a 90mm Macro lens and filling the frame:cool:.
Anyway due to circumstances I didn't manage to photograph half of what I was hoping to, mainly due to drinking beer and Asbach Brandy and so not driving:eek:.

I'll post a couple of Puffins when I get sorted but it could take a couple of days just catching up with all the new posts on RPF first:eek:.

welcome back to reality mate, sounds like you have a great time.........i look forward to seeing your shots.

Daz

Back