Work...

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
Had an absolutely exhausting week this week ... Last night I started work at 9am and finished at 11pm ish ... Then today started at 8 on the computer then from 12 - 6 did a wedding ...
I guess most have guessed what I do, a bit of photography here and there .. With a whole load of website building ...
We get a lot of work through agencys ... And when it comes... it sometimes really comes... We have pretty much built 4 event registration websites this week (which is a lot for a week between 2 people) ... Last night, I'm literally not joking ... I dreamt about htlm!
My brain is fried now ... But I Absolutly love it!
I learn new stuff every day, and it's hugely satisfying!
Of course it impacts on my personal life ... But I'm not always this busy, so Hannah doesn't mind to much ... For now at least!
And in our first year as an ltd, despite recession, we earned enough to get by ... Happy days!

How about everyone else how's your work life treating you??

Well, I'd love to sit in front of a computer learning things that relate to a passion that we, on this forum all share...... Lol. But, for the likes of myself, and my co partner who would also appreciate a mention on here, Curt. We are.... Well... You could say poo suckers! Yes, that's right! For those of you who ever are swimming/stepping/crawling through your own doo doo, then we are the dude dudes!!!! Lol!!!

We've had 78 hours of sewerage seeking last week..... So let's not complain about forfilling our desired jobs when I can vouch for the most undesired job of anyone on here! lol ;)

Work! For me it used to be like Hamish. Different kind of work though. I used to work for a Forest Preserve system as their chief land manager. Way too stressful.

So I gave up work. I'm more like the poo suckers now but it's a lot more pleasant.

Well, I work for a very large multi-national aerospace company, and spend my free time (and some work time), dreaming of being a photographer instead.

I work for the local County Council as a "Recycling Technician", that's a binman to you and me. Haven't had a pay rise for three years and don't look like getting one in the next four years either going by the amount of "cuts" going on.
The Bosses have come up with a plan to save money, which in the short term looks fine, but when this thing called "Job Evaluation" comes in where they work out what pay you should get for doing a specific job we could end up getting a pay cut, but of course the top brass still get their pay rises every year:mad::mad:.

Also they have said "we want to keep refuse services in house (ie. Council run)" but if we don't agree to this new cost cutting plan they may have to let a private company take over refuse collections. Which would mean a definite drop in quality of services for the public (at the moment we are near the top of the national table for recycling and refuse sevices) and a drop of wages for the men who manage to get transferred over to whoever takes over.

So at the moment things are good but it could soon turn to Rat $h!t for us:(:(.

My brain is fried now ... But I Absolutly love it!

I know what you mean Hamish, hard work but you enjoy it.

Have a holiday, the brain will recover quickly and its great to have some quality time with loved ones.
You will also think of new ideas while you are away :)

We just had our first weeks holiday for ages, not had a break for about about 18 months, never really had time for a week off last year as always something happening that made planning impossible.

So have some time off :)

That looks great Hamish, as soon as I catch up with work emails I will comment about that on the AOS thread, it does look great :)

Mark.

Back