1937 Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/16 120 film Bellows Camera

Normally I'd be looking through the open back and watching what's happening with the shutter opening/closing while fiddling with levers and knobs. But you have put film in it. So,...take a picture of your eyeball. (Right or left,...whichever one is more accurate for close up viewing.) While taking the picture, use said eyeball to try to ascertain whether the shutter is active and whether in fact it is hanging open a long while.

Try with shutter at a faster speed, too. Slower speeds are more liable to hang up. (Although, for the period 1/100 wasn't slow.)

Pete, you might be right. I ignored the red button in the 10 o'clock position, just moved the one in the 5 o'clock position, lined up a shot - and there was a satisfying click. Not loud, but no timer...

I've probably ruined a few shots of this film, but that's done now. I'm assuming ten shots in all? I did a few multiple exposures on the first three, just trying to get it to work. So hopefully the rest will be OK.

I hope it works, because it looks and feels gorgeous!

Yes, Chris, got that link, but it's not quite the same camera. No matter, I feel I have it sussed now. Sending off my first film tomorrow. There is always that feeling that not one image will turn out! I know I screwed up some of that film, but hopefully there will be something there. Watch this space. Fun, this film lark!

Back