A Rose

Vic Shaw

Little bit bored today whilst waiting for some workmen to arrive, so as my daughter got given some flowers by an admirer I thought I'd take a quick snap of them. So here's cliché shot number two.

_DSC0897.jpg

Vic

I really like it Vic - the detail in the flower makes a great image, and I like the treatment as well.

thats a neat shot, I like it. Great simple B&W that says/asks a lot. A I bet it makes a great print. Unlike mine which is very twee!

The funny thing about the shot is that I finally got round to printing it about a year after I shot it and when I put the strip on the lightbox I thought "What on earth is that?!". It wasn't until I looked at the shots either side that it dawned on me. It was taken near the Sony Centre at Potsdamer Platz a few years ago.

Just what other little gems do you have tucked away?

i did a rose picture like this ... and in fact one of only 2 painting i have attempted is in the same vein ...
its an attractive thing to look at i think ...
it might be a little clichéd but these things happen for a reason ... (excuding "zen stones" as i call it which is the worst interior decoration cliche known to man)

Back