Article: Our Members Top Four Photos of 2011......

It occurred to me that 2011 ain't over yet. It's possible I may actually take a picture between now and the 31st that might become a favorite, so I am going to post my favorite 4 of 2011 on or after Jan 1. Zat OK, Hamish?

Fine by me ... Its darrens thread, best ask him ;)

Coconuts? Neat. I missed this one the first time round.

Fine by me ... Its darrens thread, best ask him ;)

hahah well i suppose the thread does not have to close any-time soon so why not eh........

My Four Favorites of the Year

I know I've posted at least three of these here before, not sure about the fourth.

#4: "Irony"

6610969421_5ee746b07a_b.jpg

#3: "Tranquility"

6610968397_63bd107624_b.jpg

#2: "Midday Denali"

6611002797_c7fb35bd9e_b.jpg

#1: "Beauty of Years"

6610968709_76d23cfb65_b.jpg

Nice set Eric - that first one gave me a chuckle as well, nicely observed!

The final PP on that ferry shot worked out really well - stunning HDR type shot

Not sure if I've seen the mountain shot before - majestic :)

Nice set Eric - that first one gave me a chuckle as well, nicely observed!

The final PP on that ferry shot worked out really well - stunning HDR type shot

Not sure if I've seen the mountain shot before - majestic :)

Thanks! Yeah the mountain is Denali (Mt. McKinley). I honestly can't stand trying to look at it on the screen though, since the details are too small to make out on any monitor I own. This wasn't the final version I printed, just a version I could easily downsize for web viewing.

Beautiful shots Eric! "Tranquility" is an amazing pic...almost looks like two photos stitched together. Keep 'em coming!

The "Irony" shot reminded me of my time on "the Big Island"...this photo was taken with a budget point'n'shoot, but you get the idea. I'm the scrawny guy on the left.
P1010082.jpg

Chris

... Is that the same sign???
It sure is...at least that's what I assumed when I saw Eric's photo. Here's the better half on the same lava field. The landscape on the "Big Island" of Hawaii is in a state of perpetual change...the island grows at an average of 0.02 km2 per year. The geological history of the Hawaiin Islands is intoxicating to me...I WILL RETURN.

P1016569.jpg

Chris

Ralph
words cant describe how envious i am of the place you live / visit i have never seen anything like these shots in my life, amazing landscapes with amazing photo that really to these places justice. The reflection of Sinopah Mountain is outstanding that would defo be framed on my wall if i had taken it. as for Cathedral View FAINT stunning view, how long did it take you to get to the view point from the start of the walk?
Darren,
Finally saw this question. Probably doesn't matter any more but the trip to the summit of Cathedral was an 8 day trip. We climbed Cathedral on our second day.

The Chinese wall photo was on a 6 day trip with the photo taken on day 4.

The other two photos (Sinopah at Sunrise and the stars) were taken only a short walk from our campsite in an auto camp in Glacier National Park.

I just went back through this entire thread. Many photos are no longer visible but from those that remain, I can definitely say we have a pretty darn good group here. Kudos to all of you.

Back