Behind The Prison Walls

C

Cathy Stallard

Took these photos last night in front of the Huntsville prison where protestors were staged outside fighting against the event that took place shortly after. Taken with the X-M1.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 21
Brilliant !! I remember listening to a comedy show and the line was " In the world they are stopping executions, in Texas we're building an express lane " lol

These are really great. You should tell them about the prisoners banging on their cell doors before the execution. My favorite is #4.

Poor Cathy has had to listen to my vehement opposition to the Death Penalty too many times. Very powerful images!!!

Brilliant !! I remember listening to a comedy show and the line was " In the world they are stopping executions, in Texas we're building an express lane " lol
Davie, thank you! I think I have heard that comedy show too!!!...I can't remember who the comedian was though... :rolleyes:

Very potent images, Cathy but you have maintained some super compositions while recording the event. The first is especially effective as well as affecting I think.
Pete thank you so much!!! I've had a hard time replying due to school but your comment is greatly appreciated! The lady in the first image was VERY interesting and told me about an opera she will be attending next week. Thank you, I think the first one was my favorite too. :)

I love seeing single persons with placards! Great emotive shots, and I'm standing with them!
Rob thanks so much!!! :D I am too. But DUDE..YES, how could I pass up a placard shot? I think that is actually the first placard photo I have actually done..

These are really great. You should tell them about the prisoners banging on their cell doors before the execution. My favorite is #4.

Poor Cathy has had to listen to my vehement opposition to the Death Penalty too many times. Very powerful images!!!
Thanks Steve!!! :D and yes..I will tell. Before the event, coming from inside the prison walls I heard the loud collective sound of prisoners banging and rattling their cell doors...the sound lasted about thirty seconds and then stopped sharply. Kind of creepy sound.

I think that it is very good as images as well as documents of today. And wonderfully done.
Ivar thank you so much! :) I had a tough time with the exposures because the sun was rapidly going down and my surrounding getting darker and darker.

Nice powerful images Cathy...but I wonder if "those in power" are watching and listening...

Back