Critique Welcomed Big Band Sound

I am in no way qualified to judge photos with this subject, but I must say that the second of the two strikes me, also (but not only) for the high detail. If I zoom in on the trombonist's jacket I can count the woven threads of the fabric, and then I don't know if he was looking at you or at the score, but the effect is that he is looking into the camera, and that's enough. I don't know how to say it in English or even in Italian, but the funnel of the trombone (with the strong tonal contrasts of the metal) right next to the trombonist's face and expression is a nice shot.

Fine shots, Peter. The first is a traditional sax shot, well captured, but the second is quite unique, and I really like it. Love the glasses 😀
Thanks, Rob.
Sometimes the traditional (aka the obvious) is worth doing, if only to prove you can do it and/or keep your eye in. I'd forgotton about the sax shot and only spotted it when looking for the trombonist.
Given the context there's something incongruous about the glasses and, indeed, the beard about him ;)

Last edited:
Back