black and white flowers

Intriguing image, how the light/dark contrasts of the window/wall increase the perceived differences in tone between, what I assume are, the same variety of flower. Nice one.

(PS I'm glad I looked at this pic properly - the 'thumbnail' made the pale flower appear to be, erm,.. artificial with cut-out petals..🤔🤨🙄😏☺️)

You might be onto something, Brian. There seem to be two independent shots - the flowers, and the windows. I liked having the window across the street in the ‘frame’. I still like it, but, yes, it might be distracting.

I like this image a lot, Rob; the flower is really coming out very nice. But what I seem to like more is the way that window speaks of an intimate space versus public opposite of that intimacy, clearly showing the delimitation between the two (the window pane). I get the feeling that the flower is getting that beautiful image just because of the intimacy allowed by the empty room around it., giving meaning and power to the subject.

I believe I would not get the same feeling if the same flowers (in whatever setup) would be displayed say, on the kerb or in the garden, outside I mean.

Hope that makes sense, somehow ?! Thank you !

Back