Boston 48 hours later

What a day - something everyone in the area will remember for the whole of their lives

Glenn - my regards to your local law enforcement - they really stepped up and got the job done, with the help of the local population of course

Thank you!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the words of concern both in threads and PM's. I am relatively new here and feel humbled. We have had many many notes and telephone calls from our friends and family through out the world...but somehow the ones from this forum are particularly meaningful. I have lived and visited many countries...and even married a very proud Canadian :cool:...so I have a very different view of the world than many...if not most Americans. My life experience and thoughts were proven over and over these last few days...the vast majority of people just want to live and love...not hate.

Through all the hell...the loss...the pain...the spirit of Boston and the world was on display everywhere here. From it's very beginning this town has weathered many historic events that tested its metal. This is the modern day one that will forever be eched in the minds of those of us who lived through it...and more importantly those families whos lives are forever changed by death and horrible physical and mental wounds. I for one...will always remember the sense of world community.

Today...even if it never stops raining buckets...I plan to walk around town...free again.

Again...thank you.

Last edited:
I have been away travelling and have just seen this thread. I'm not sure wonderful would be the right word to use to describe the photographs but I think you'l know what I mean if I do. Such a senseless waste of life when these things happens.

A very poignant set of photos! Full of emotion & atmosphere. Very moving. Best wishes to you all over there!

Back