Built Not Bought

Barry Keavney

I know this guy up the road from me. John. He built himself a Land rover from parts abandoned in a garage. Really good job an all. Anyway, about 6 or eight weeks ago I was milling about in the morning. And it was a nice crisp winter's day.
I asked John if he wanted a picture of his land rover (or could I take a picture of it), No problem, we took a spin down to Sutton Nature reserve where I got this.

I'm a real big fan of the grass here. Real nice.

Built Not Bought by Barry Keavney, on Flickr

Smashing image Barry, Love the tones and colours, the form of the trees with a Landrover really good. the vehicle almost looks as though it has been Hammerited.

Gorgeous - that's a classy shot Barry

Great looking defender, and the location is to die for

Thanks very much everybody!
Y'know, once we had arrived at the nature reserve I remember having a moment of clarity where I realised that the land rover I was putting back into its familiar habitat was still Big and Blue...
And Ta Da, the trees! I find a sense of smallness about the land rover below those fantastic silver birch. Yet there it is. Where I think it should be.
Hamish, that tree in the foreground is my favorite part, I think! Tree hugger.
I think it provides a juxtaposition between what is actually the subject matter? The tree (which is what I like the most) or the land rover itself.

Back