Critique Welcomed Cabin in the woods 2

Davie Hudson

cabininthewoods2.jpg

i think this one is better

I like this one more too...
I still like the blue ... :/
Is it done with some sort of "split tone" I don't know aperture as you know so I can't be I huge help but I I were to go for a tone like this I would apply a strong blue to the shadows but counteract it with a sepia colour on the highlights ... This would introduce a bit of subtle warmth into the image that might help with Petes concerns

i like that Pete, looks almost welcoming

I like the blue hint as I think it really looks like that strange unnatural hue you get sometimes around twilight. What I do think is that it looks like the noise reduction has been pumped up a bit. Maybe a bit of noise or grain on the woodwork?

I usual ramp up the definition almost like a sharpening tool, wasn't sure if it would work on this the same way it seems to on landscapes

Thanks but you don't want to go back there at night! Terrible things have happened in that hut I tell, terrible!! ;)

CabininWoods22of1-2.jpg

I like that , i never wanted to go in during the day never mind at night .... seen too many werewolf movies

Pete, are you spying on me whilst I'm at home?!? ;p

I really like those especially the "night effect" top work............. It's "Hansel & Grettel" :)

Excellent.

Pete

lol divert away Pete I don't mind, I like seeing what other people do with the same shot and doesn't necessarily divert me from the path I want anyway ... does give me stuff to think about and i love that

What a great location Davie - spooky and interesting

What a great location Davie - spooky and interesting

it was a total fluke, spotted out of the corner of my eye, slammed the brakes on with a few expletives lol ... I still haven't decided on a PP for it

Back