Celestial Fireball Narrowly Misses Roller Coaster

Brian Moore

Last weekend we were in Vallejo which is a town across the bay from San Francisco. There is a big theme park there. (Discovery Kingdom, I think it's called.) We were not there to visit the theme park, but our hotel was nearby the theme park. As we were pulling into the hotel parking lot I spotted a celestial fireball hurtling through the sky, and its trajectory appeared to be taking it right at the theme park's big roller coaster. I was aghast at the notion of the fiery carnage that was about to unfold. Fortunately, I had with me my Vivitar PN2011 with flipped lens and it was loaded with some long expired Kirkland Signature 200 ASA film. Below is the image I captured.

To my relief, the celestial fireball narrowly missed the roller coaster and I think it doused itself harmlessly in the San Francisco Bay. But I'll never forget the horrible screams I heard from the people on the roller coaster as the fireball approached.

I combed the local papers and and kept my eyes glued to the tube for reports about this latest fireball from the heavens. Nothing! (However, I've come to expect cover ups and obfuscation from this liberal elite media that controls the country.)

I should say a word about the expired Kirkland film: You can't tell from the image below because the fireball washed out all color, but other images from this film revealed surprisingly nice color saturation. Kirkland, by the way, is the brand name for a big discount store chain here called Costco. Unfortunately they do not sell film any more. They do one-hour developing still, though, at very reasonable prices. (Also, their meat is very high quality.:))

PN2011Kirkland200Ex-025.jpg

Brian, you must live the catch phrase 'Watch the skies' - you seem to attract these celestial events somehow! ;)

Brian, you must live the catch phrase 'Watch the skies' - you seem to attract these celestial events somehow! ;)
I don't get it Chris! How come nobody else posts their celestial fireball foties? (If I get enough of them maybe Hamish will open a "Celestial Fireball" category in the forum.)

Ha! I saw this thread title and thought "Blimey we need a special section for these"
You should collate them into a blog Brian, I bet they would look great as a set!

"The Big E-Book of Celestial Fireballs"

How does one do an E-book? I wonder what Paul used for his excellent E-book regarding Ella's recovery?

Actually watched the new version again the other week as Ina hadn't seen it. I quite like it even though it is different in many ways to the original.
I read that the script for the new version didn't at first include the famous phrase, but Keanu Reeves wanted it in there so he could say it!

Back