Celestial Fireball Narrowly Misses Golden Bear

Brian Moore

I was taking a tour of The Golden Bear, Cal Maritime Academy's training ship, when I noticed this celestial fireball hurtling toward the mast. I snapped it with my Vivitar PN2011 with flipped lens. That's pic 1 below. The fireball missed the mast and flew over the heads of two seamen as I spun quickly and snapped another shot. The fireball thereafter crashed harmlessly into the San Francisco Bay. No reports in the media that I could find!

Expired Kirkland Signature film.

PN2011Kirkland200Ex-013.jpg

PN2011Kirkland200Ex-015.jpg

Did one of the sailors disappear during this event? If I'm not mistaken that looks like some sort of teleportation beam headed his way. Or was he being 'delivered'? There's clearly something going on and it looks to me like it is gaining pace. What with those bicycle substitutions that Chris spotted and now all of these fireballs etc...

And in the process of your recording of them you've even managed to get some nice shots. I like the 'organic' feel of the first especially.

Did one of the sailors disappear during this event? If I'm not mistaken that looks like some sort of teleportation beam headed his way. Or was he being 'delivered'?

Oh,...I'm glad you brought that up Pete because I forgot to mention that part of the story. I too noticed the teletransport beam aiming at the seaman in the peaked cap and so I quickly brought it to his attention. "Ahoy,..." I shouted (I felt it appropriate to use a nautical term, my thought process being that he might respond quicker to the kind of jargon to which he was more accustomed), "...mark that teletransport beam abaft yer heed!" (I stuck with the nautical theme as best I could.) Evidently he had his sea legs for he stepped rather nimbly to one side thus avoiding teletransport against his will. So casual was he about the whole affair that I had the strong impression that he may have experienced teletransport events previously. Well, with a jaunty wave of his hand he bid me farewell and went about his seafaring duties. Thanks again, Pete.

Splice the mainbrace Brian, a salty sea tale if ever I heard one! ;)

Back