Coronado Bridge - San Diego

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
A lovely clear evening here, away from the hurricane on the East Coast.

Took the opportunity to head downtown, and capture the Coronado Bridge as it snakes over the San Diego Bay.

web.jpg

5D2 and 17-35 f2.8L - f13 30 sec - ISO100

[MAPS]http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Crosby+street+park+san+diego&hl=en&safe=off&fb=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,2905055490126606008&z=16&vpsrc=0&iwloc=A[/MAPS]

Taken from the end of the pier at Crosby Street Park.

wow that's truly awesome photo of the bridge, and the pic was taken just at the right time of day........... Great work

the 30 sec exposure sure lets the reflections from the lights come through. Adds a lot of color to the whole scene.

Thanks chaps - I shot some images before the lights came on, and they are indeed less appealing.

However the long exposure was challenging as I found the pier moved when boats went past!!!!

Think I'll check on TPE and see at what time of year the sun might set behind the bridge - worth another visit I think :)

Well, the sun sets round at the end of the bridge only at the equinox, so mid/late Jan :(

Maybe I'll get up early, head over to the island, and shoot the sunrise over the bridge looking the other way - I could do that this month instead of waiting for winter!

That's assuming we get any clear sunrises of course :/

Back