Edinburgh Castle

I like the last one more than the first. I have a few myself from there when the day had lousy weather. They are more a documentation that I was there, far from these good ones.

the first one is innocent enough, but the second one starts to border on the creepy castle feel with the dark shadows. i prefer the shadows and creepiness. nice framing with the tree branches in the second.

I also Like the second more even in portrait orientation . I think maybe if the trees in the first were whole it would be a stoaker. It doesn't feel as grounded, or as sure footed as it aught. Yet the second all the elements come together to make a sound image and a strong sense of place. Superb Rob.

Second image is for me, think in mono it would be fantastic. Rob can you only the edit raws in the supplied oem software? As I have read about it being a bit crap, whats the gen? Thanks

@Nick Lukey - Nick, you certainly can open jpgs in Sigma Photo Pro (SSP).

When I first got SSP I had already read all the negative comments about it and these cameras, and my idea was to immediately convert the files to TIFFs and import them into Lightroom or Elements 11. And that's how I started. But curiosity got the better of me, and I started playing with SPP, and found that, although clunky, it can do some things VERY well. There is a video on youtube where some guy shows that he can do some things better in SPP than in other major software. It's not perfect, by any means, likewise the Merrill cameras, but they and it do some things remarkably well. Whether that will satisfy you, and complement the way you work, only you can tell...

Based on Rob's Merrill foties as well as those posted by @Julian de'Courcy, I agree with Pete.

Hard to say which of the castle foties I like best here. Certainly there is something appealing about the way the trees frame the castle in 2nd one. Both are stoaters, though.

@Nick Lukey - Nick, you certainly can open jpgs in Sigma Photo Pro (SSP).

When I first got SSP I had already read all the negative comments about it and these cameras, and my idea was to immediately convert the files to TIFFs and import them into Lightroom or Elements 11. And that's how I started. But curiosity got the better of me, and I started playing with SPP, and found that, although clunky, it can do some things VERY well. There is a video on youtube where some guy shows that he can do some things better in SPP than in other major software. It's not perfect, by any means, likewise the Merrill cameras, but they and it do some things remarkably well. Whether that will satisfy you, and complement the way you work, only you can tell...

I have been mightly impressed with the images you Merrill boys have been posting, for some of my work I would be happy to put up with the slower speed, just for the files. Nothing will tear my Fuji's out of my hands, but there is something about the siggy files I really like. I may give one a blast, Can you send me a tiff to play with? Dropbox it? Thanks for the write up.

Back