Expanding the line-up of Fujinon XF Lenses for FUJIFILM X-Pro1

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
Fuji today officially announced the roadmap for lens releases for the X-Pro1 - starting with two lenses in 2012, and further five lenses scheduled for 2013. (Total 10 lenses in the series)

pic_01.jpg

Expanding the line-up of Fujinon XF Lenses for FUJIFILM X-Pro1 | Fujifilm Global

Since X-Pro1's announced in January 2012, users have given many requests concerning interchangeable lenses. In order to respond to such requests, Fujifilm will introduce, in autumn this year, a bright F2.8 super wide 14mm (21mm in 35mm equivalent) single focal length lens and a bright F2.8-4 zoom lens that covers the shooting range of 18mm to 55mm (27-84mm in 35mm equivalent), in addition to the three single focal length lenses in the first series of Fujinon XF Lenses. Another unique five lenses will be added in the line-up in early 2013, making the total to 10 lenses. Fujifilm will strive for the development of lenses that cover a wide range of focal lengths and offer bright and high resolution reproduction even at the periphery, so that users can enjoy the high resolution feature of FUJIFILM X-Pro1.

I'll be checking out the 14mm for sure later this year - wider would be better, but I'll just have to wait!

A deliberately short/compact physical lens - i.e. they try and fit the optics into a very low profile physical package, so it doesn't stick out too much from the camera body.

Hi rob, no it doesn't as I had a Pentax 40mm years ago when I ran an MX camera, it was a great lens & very sharp, they all do them now including Panasonic, Olympus etc & all are very good lenses.
Take up no space in you kit bag as well so saves weight.Only thing is if you have realy big fingers it could be a bit tight LOL.

It occurred to me, that I still have a 0.75×conversion lens from my Nikon 8400 and it has a 52mm thread, so would screw into the Fuji lenses. It was nicely sharp on the 8400. On the Fuji 18mm, this would produce the equivalent to a 13.5mm. Tried it—functioned perfectly, great view, no problems focusing. However, when examined, the images were very sharp in the centre, but sharpness dropped off enough that one could clearly see this in a small print—no need for pixel-peeping.

Worth the try, but back to waiting for the 14mm later this year.

Back