Fisrt go with Nikon 45mm PC-E

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
Had my first goes with a 45mm pce micro nikkor kindly leant to me by Pete!

_DSC0970 by Hamish.Gill, on Flickr

_DSC0950 by Hamish.Gill, on Flickr

so obviously the first thing I do is set it full tilt at the first thing that comes to hand that I like taking photos of ... I bet everyone does that when they first get a tilt shift ... Bar Darren of course, he would have been a lot more sensible and made his house have vertical lines ;)

Thanks again Pete ...

...why does everyone quible the nikon rotation? i cant think how it would limit anything ... it covers 180 degrees ... ive been told that before, but it didnt make sense until i had the thing in my hand!

Great first shots there Hamish, especially the second. I have never found the fixed relationship a problem but then I tend to use them for technical shots and the movements are fine for those. Actually, now I come to think of it, I don't think I've ever taken an 'ordinary shot with these lenses - I kind of have them in my work category in my head I think. Maybe I should though.

Wow wow WOW!!!! great photo's Hamish!!
How fast is she growing!?!?!!! amazing!! purely amazing!!!

Tilt shift lenses are totally beyond my affordability to be honest, let alone compatability. :)
But what you've done here is very good IMO. :)

Can you post an image of this lens Hammer??? :)

Cheers Pete ...

I fully intend to make some vertical buildings and increase some DOF for something small ... but this is more fun ... (Unless your Darren) :)

Cheers Dan

ere
971674e1.jpg

Pete ... Why does it read as f3 wide open instead of f2.8? ... in fact looking again to check i wasnt going mad it now reads 3.3 wide open ...

Look at the size of that monster!!!
Cheers for posting Hamish! Is it easy to use?

Back