Attention Flickr Image Posting Issues

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
We are having a few issues today with Flickr

If you get a message like this

Access to the webpage was denied
You are not authorized to access the webpage at http://www.realphotographersforum.co...ostthread&f=73. You may need to sign in.
HTTP Error 403 (Forbidden): The server refused to fulfill the request.

It is due to some sort of issue with the bb code supplied by flickr

We are yet to find a solution

if anyone finds one please let us know

I dont use BB code..........!!

I do the following

Select picture on Flickr
Click it
Mouse turns to magnifying glass
Click picture again,
Background now turns dark.
Click view all sizes top right
Choose relevant size you wish to upload to a forum or similar

Right click image and click copy url

then paste that code into the forum once you have clicked image above the txt box

I have always done it this way

7221856212_d875038838_z.jpg

works well

Daz

The problem disappeared when I uploaded single photos to multiple posts.the problem seems to have been when I tried six or so photos in one post. However, I have done this before, without a problem.

Anyone else still having trouble uploading images from Flickr?

I can't get it to work using Darrens rather long winded method either!

Are the photo's in question public or private on Flickr I wonder that the trouble is with I did read last week that there was going to be some filter put in where those pictures which are private will not be linked to other websites!

The photo's are public.

Just as a test I tried to post a couple of photo's on a different forum & they posted fine using the BB code. So I suspect the problem may be some setting here at RPF & not with Flickr.

If I do it ... Yes, but it won't just go to an error screen there will be a notice saying its being done
I've got a lot on today already, but it does seem this might be a worth while thing to do in the background

Hmm...I chose large sizes, but only got teeny ones.

I also tried the old BB method, but that didn't work at all.

I followed Darren's Method as outlined above. Clicked on the image icon, and inserted the url in the window that popped up. And that was that. What am I doing wrong?

yup untick "reference image locally" as Hamish mentioned

Yabadabadoo!

The BB way was easier when it worked. It still works for single images, so I don't know why all of a sudden it doesn't work for multiple images...

Anyway, we have another method which works fine :)

Back