Fuji X Series - First Forays

Milan Vjestica

I acquired an XE-1 a few weeks back and have not had opportunity to use it due to work getting in the way. I also bought and XF-1 for my wife and she has been away for 6 weeks so that did not get into my sticky hands either.

I finally got to play this weekend and here are a couple with the XE-1

A reflection containing two views in one that many cruise passengers first see of Sydney.
13346690123_0ced81f8ff_o.jpg

AWA Building not far from Wynyard Station. A little off the tourist trail.
13346935244_b8455b1065_o.jpg

The Strand arcade, Sydney CBD. ISO3200 and I overdid the NR so it looks a little soft.
13346556505_3abe6a647a_o.jpg

Finally a little sample from the XF-1

13346486235_915e1cf083_o.jpg

I have to admit that my first impressions of the X series are really good. Great pictures straight out of camera. These were processed in LR but really did not need as much as I expected. The 18-55 Fujinon is a very good lens indeed. Starting to get used to the XE-1 as it is a little different to the Nikon.

As for the XF-1, for a compact that cost me less than $200 including the Fuji Leather Case, it was a bargain.

Now for a look at the XT-1..................perhaps not as the budget is busted already. So tempting...

Chris and Beth I blame you both equally. ;)

What we've come to expect from Fuji X cameras - great clarity, beautiful photos, etc. But it still takes someone with a good eye to get the most out of them, and you have that, Milan. Nice series. Love the Nut Shop!

All good but the Strand Arcade takes the biscuit, I think. The files from the Fuji are the easiest to work from in my opinion, they tend to be very clean and are easy to sharpen without unwanted artefacts appearing.

congrats on the new toys! great series, the arcade is my favorite too. a lot of things going on in there, but it's not chaotic or overwhelming. b&w was a nice choice for that. any shots of inside the nut shop? i can only imagine they have organized sections of nuts named after forum members in there.

That black and white shot is fantastic! Good work.

Very well done. I know you are to be happy with it. I have had mine now for more than a year and find no faults with it. An extention of my right hand.

Back