Gently Gliding by in the Mist....

Kev Pugh

This image had now been purchased, along with another unposted image, to be used in an Education Booklet titled 'Perspective in the Age of Digital Photography' by Richard Phillips...
Gently Gliding by in the Mist....

Swan at Pershore Bridge by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again Pete, fortunately there is a deck/platform at this point so I was able to get down right on top of the surface with the X10, would probably not have got so low with a larger piece of kit as handling would have been far harder..:)

SUPERB!! What a POV!
There's wildlife as the prime feature, architectural aspect of the bridge, not to mention the curves and the texture of the bridge, then there's the reflections.... This is by far my fav shot of yours to date! And most of all I like the way you've kept the PP as close to reality.
This is stunning!

Cheers DD the one in my 366 should be posted in the evening rag tonight the Ed has passed it over to the Picture desk :)

That's great news. Hopefully you'll get a byline in the paper and a link to your portfolio. Maybe you should suggest a regular 'feature' - Kev's View of the Day!! :)

Should get a credit in there, it's always nice to get something in even if it is only a credit, but exposure is exposure :D

Well done, that's a lovely image! Sucks me in & draws my eye all over, really excellent!

Thanks all :)

Just found out that this one is to be included in a publication that someone I know produces for schools and education...quite a productive day in all :)

Even with a deck it takes a good photographer to choose the excellent perspective angle that you used for this shot. Very nice work here. The low angle, the mist, the bridge, all make for a wonderful image.

Stunning shot KK, real low down POV works wonders here, great to be actually looking up slightly at reg swan. Your a brave man, i wouldn't get so close lol.......... Also love the bridge in the background and the grottyness of the day make it kinda moody.

Also love the reflections.........!!

I agree with DD this is defo up there on my favs list of your shots.

WOW just read it was taken with X10........Even better :)

Great Work

Daz

Thanks Daz.I must admit to faving this one myself, you know when something is right and when I lay down setting myself up I knew that something special was going to happen....

...and yep X10 was singing :D

attack of the giant swans! :D

Great POV Kev - lovely shot, great light - crying out for B&W! ;)

Just heard had two images purchased for inclusion in an educational booklet titled 'Perspective in the age of Digital Photography' so pretty chuffed :)

LOVELY shot! I "ditto" all the other comments. Really nice capture. And then I found myself thinking, "If I had tried that shot I'd have ended up in the drink scaring the hell out of that beautiful creature and looking like dork." God (or whomever you like) seems to put us in the places we're supposed to be at the time we're supposed to be there. That was your gift. Thanks for sharing. :)

Back