Hannah in the woods

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
if im honest, im not overwhelmed with this photo my self ... had a bad photo day on sunday, coulndt really get to exited about everything and i couldnt even get the camera to focus properly for a while ...

anyway, this is more experimenting with lightroom and targeted defocus

any thoughts?

_DSC4630.jpg

I think it has an odd quirkiness about it that reminds me of some of the photo-journalistic type shots in National Geographic. Sometimes that use a similar "gritty" look on storeys that are about normal people caught up in events outside of their control.

I think it has an odd quirkiness about it that reminds me of some of the photo-journalistic type shots in National Geographic. Sometimes that use a similar "gritty" look on storeys that are about normal people caught up in events outside of their control.

I'm quite pleased you said that ... That's sort of the angle I was going for ...

I'm thinking Twilight - vampires exit stage left...

So was the target defocus a lightroom feature?

And I can recommend Canon if you want a camera/lens combo which can AF reliably... ;)

Targeted defocus ... No I just use the gradient filter with the sharpness control set low then touch it up a bit with the adjustment brush ... Targeted defocus is just what I called it through not really knowing what else to call it (?)

I personally recommend not having a heavy night drinking with an irish man before trying to use a camera properly for acurate focus :)

Back