Hello from North Alabama

Grant Young

Hello everybody, my name is Grant Young and I'm from North Alabama at the moment. My day job is working as a GIS Technician for an engineering firm, but much like everyone else I'd rather be shooting photos as a career of sorts. I am trying to build into a well rounded sports photographer but I shoot anything and everything I can get my camera in front of. Nothing is off limits. I'll post a couple photos this morning in the sports section for you guys.

Welcome Grant. Pretty new here myself...it's comfortable place to be. Looking forward to seeing your work. And if you could...send us New Englanders some sunshine.

Hi Grant. Great to have you here. We've had some sports photography in the past, and I for one look forward to what you have to offer. Welcome aboard!

Glenn,
We aren't getting much this far North in the state. Still stuck in the low 30's come 5pm. It wasn't fun behind the glass last night without some gloves to keep warm.

Rob,
Thanks for the welcome, seems like a friendly bunch with a lot of good solid critique. That's what I'm after.

Also, I forgot to mention my return to film! My parents have given me their old Canon Rebel G and Olympus OM-PC. Both of which work perfectly. They may not be the best camera out there, but it's got me back on some physical medium. I plan to shoot film day-to-day and keep digital for the sports and active shots.

Welcome Grant, if you are after critique you can always use the thread prefix "critique required" this gives people the nod to be a bit more critical ... :)
Hope you enjoy the place!

Welcome Grant - love a bit of sports photogging myself - looking forward to seeing your work

Seems to have been a rush of new members from this side of the pond recently - soon we'll be able to take over ;)

Welcome Grant - love a bit of sports photogging myself - looking forward to seeing your work

Seems to have been a rush of new members from this side of the pond recently - soon we'll be able to take over ;)

Mwahahaha! haha only kidding.

What sports do you shoot typically?

Welcome Grant! Any preference on the sport?

I'd like to shoot Formula and GT class racing, but I understand Baseball mechanics and theory far more than anything else team wise. I understand hockey and soccer next, and while I understand football...the theory of play choice is still a bit lost in my mind. I'd love to shoot them all though. So far it's Baseball and Hockey that I have access to.

Back