Hi all

Nick Clark

Hi all, I'm Nick and it's nice to be here :)

I'm a mostly transient bushwalking (it's like 'hiking') guide, and I split my time between my workplace in the wilds of Tas, my home in Sydney's Inner West, and wherever my travels take me (I like walking across cold, lonely landscapes) so my photography for the last few years has been a peculiar mix of landscape, street and travel.

I've been shooting for about 10 years, and have been mainly using 35mm film over the past 18 months (although I still use a GR when I'm 'working'). I'm self-taught and would say I'm currently at the 'consciously incompetent' stage of photographic learning - ie. an awful lot to learn!

Most of my stuff is shared via instagram, check it out if you're interested - @other_strange_creatures

Looking forward to learning and hopefully contributing!

15822369451_64fe71a517_c.jpg

Welcome Nick theres a few on here that are more the capable of pointing you in the right direction theres a good bunch on here always willing to help.

Welcome, Nick. I'm a newbie here, also. I took a quick look at your IG account. I particularly liked your b&w street photos.

Welcome to you down under Nick from the top of the world. Whether anyone shall point you in the right direction is a matter of positive thinking.:rolleyes:You seem to have pointed out a direction a few of us here already have started on:D so they shall agree. Anyway, it is a great place to be. And you really have quite a bunch of good images there mate.

Last edited:
Welcome Nick. Glad to have more representation from the other side of the equator. So many of those Northern Hemisphere types that keep getting the seasons the wrong way round!

It is a very friendly bunch and all are willing to share their knowledge.

Back