Hi there from Canberra, Australia

Reg Johnson

Good day all

Yes, I reside in Canberra Australia. I have been here for 52 years and originally from Grafton on the north coast of NSW. I am retired from the work force.
My interests are photography and the Mustang car club.

I was always interested in photography. I have had various cameras. Decided to go DSLR and finding it a challenging using the manual mode. I am sticking with it until I master it - hopefully.

Looking forward to the forum.

Reg

I forgot to mention my gear:

Canon 60d, Canon 18-55, canon 15-85, nifty fifty, Tamron 70-300, CPL.

Reg

Thanks Brodie. Yes, will put up something shortly.

Look at this, 3 out of 4 of our antipodes posting in one thread ;)
I know your not from down under Milan, but I think you count as an antipode :)

Welcone to the forum Reg!!
(I've merged your kit thread into this one for you)

So what sort of photography do you enjoy?
Are we to expect photos of some nice cars then?

Thanks Hamish.

I like landscape/architecture, photo journalism, just about most types of photography I suppose. Yes, have plenty of car show pics. Might be boring for some people.

Welcome Reg, enjoy this mad place, :D:D don't mind the nutters their bus will be here soon :D this is a good place to be, lots of experience and knowledge, and occasionally someone knows what they are on about :D Think you will like it here

Did someone say car shows! :D

Welcome Reg - you're in great company for cars and photography here

Looking forward to seeing some pictures, especially as I know very little about your area/country

Welcome reg.

I echo the above really. Great place, great people, there's nothing more I can say on that Reg.
Looking forward to seeing your work :)

Hamish,

Thanks for the sentiments! Technically I become eligible to be a fully fledged antipode from Wednesday. All I need to do is apply, pass a test, go to a ceremony and part with a reasonable amount of cash! Decisions..........

Hamish,

Thanks for the sentiments! Technically I become eligible to be a fully fledged antipode from Wednesday. All I need to do is apply, pass a test, go to a ceremony and part with a reasonable amount of cash! Decisions..........

Funny timing me saying then!
So do you think you are going to do it?
whats the upshot of being a proper ozzy then?

Hamish,

I expect we will do it. The upshots...................
  1. Success at sports
  2. The Bledisloe cup has meaning
  3. Classic films become iconic (you really should watch these)
    • The Castle
    • Black Balloon
    • Red Dog
  4. Voting rights (you really should see the politians here)
  5. Shorter immigration queues when travelling
  6. Poke fun at Kiwi's
  7. I like beer
  8. When I retire I can become a grey nomad
  9. Two passports, just like a spy
  10. I cannot lose during the Ashes series
Seriously though there are a few including access and cost of University education for the kids, irrevocable residency, voting, the ability to come and go between here and Europe as we please for either work or pleasure.

I'll chime in and say welcome... I mostly shoot at buildings, as you'll see if I can be bothered to post from time to time. I was just in your fair country a few weeks ago and much enjoyed the experience.

Back