Hello From Texas

John Holland

I am located in Plano, Texas (a suburb of Dallas). I am retired from the semiconductor world, and now spend my time doing wildlife/nature/landscape photography. I have the opportunity to travel a bit with my wife. I have been involved with photography for many years - started out with a Pentax Me Super in the 1970's, and converted to DSLR in 2005. I am looking for a photo forum that provides honest constructive critique to improve my skills. I am happy to share what I have learned over the years as well.

Last edited:
Welcome to RPF John. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy yourself here, it's a friendly place. Mind, offering to share all you've earned over the years is very generous! ;) - watch out for the ones from Scotland though, they'll certainly take you up on it!

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to learning from you and discussing images and their making. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Pete - I am going to have to be a bit better at checking the spelling (spell checks often fail me)
Oops.gif

Hi John. Great to see you here. Not enough wildlife shots around here, so I'm looking forward to seeing yours. Ignore Pete's comments about the Scots...actually, he's right on the money :oops:

Welcome!

A tip for getting critique here would be to ask for it on a shot by shot basis. Posts have prefixes available. Use them, but also ask questions ... If you don't, people can be too polite sometimes ... The woes of a super friendly forum I suppose ...
In short, don't get bored of you just get "that's lovely" etc ... Ask for opinions! :)

I am a latecomer, well everything is relative, so a hearty welcome to you John, from Norway. Always on top. This is a place which I like a lot, but as Hamish says, do not expect them to be honest on your images, they are far to kind, even to a Viking. :D

Back