If You Dont Like Somebodies Uploaded Photo

If You Dont Like Somebodies Uploaded Photo

• Tell Them You Dont Like It End Of Subject

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would encourage everyone on this forum to be repectful but take the first course of action!
It's really what this sort of forum is about, saying somthing is good is pointless if you really don't like it
Just saying it's crap is pointless too
Keeping quiet is fine ... We don't all have the time to comment on everything... But I'd encourage a reaction when it inspires one!
If you just find it dull then fine move on ...
I tend to agree with Hamish but it would depend on the photograph, subject matter and technique(s) used before I'd comment. I might not like a particular photo at all but if it was fairly far outside of my photographic style I'd probably just let it go. On the other hand, if it was a natural landscape scene I could see myself being a little nit picky.

So I'm thinking that in the future I will comment in different ways depending on the photo I'm looking at. Something completely out of my realm would most likely get only positive comments if i commented at all. For us justs and styles I'm most familiar with might get both positive and negative comments. I've done a fair amount of teaching over the years and I usually focus on the positive first then consider how I might make it better.

I voted: keep quiet. But it really depends.... Well, if I really dislike a photo, I keep quiet... Why argue about taste?
But when I like a photo but there are technical or artistic matters that distract, or keep the photo from being very good, I will tell - most of the times..... Something like that.

I hit the wrong button. Tell Them You Do Like It As Not To Offend Or Upset Even Though You Dont Like It

Edit>>

Just to add, I think being too kind can have a negative effect on personal development with the recipients photography. To me photography is all about progression so without constructive criticism or praise any words will be a waste of time to both the recipient and the poster.

To me there are four kinds of people who critique:

1: The silent one.
2: The one who trashes everything because no-one is better than he/she.
3: The balanced one (who deserves your ears).
4: Billy no mates. The person who tells everyone they're fantastic.

I'd say this forum is made up of number 3 otherwise I'd not have joined.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
Well no photo is perfect. I have been creating images for a long time and while I have some decent work IMO I do not belive for a secoind that I have ever even once created a perfect photo.

To me the key to Critique is the hoinest construictive breakdown of an image. If I can not say spomething positive about an image I will probaly say nothing (not to say if I don't comment on an image I must hate it) I write a lot of indepth critiques online and in private consaltantcy and I always endeavor to say what I like, what I think could be improved and how I would go about bringing the improvments into reality. Just saying something needs to be fixed without offering a solution for the issue is pretty empty critique.

I don't care these days what people think ... I have pretty much come to terms with my level of skill/rate of improvement ... Any tips are a bonus, but I'm confident enough in what I do to explain how I feel someone's critique might be wrong

time and a place Chris!

as grandma's cooing over the newborn's images...

"**** photo"..

and wonder why people stare..

And now I sit here replaying the "Ugly Baby" Seinfeld episode in my head.

I think something interesting can be found in any creative endeavour
(so long as its not harming anyone).

There could have been options :
I just like looking at photos without commenting.
Theres so many photos if commenting on some and not commenting on others it feels like leaving people out.
I want to comment positively on every photo but that's a lot of time.

Last edited:
I think something interesting can be found in any creative endeavour
(so long as its not harming anyone).

There could have an options for :
I just like looking at photos without commenting.
Theres so many photos if commenting on some and not commenting on others it feels like leaving people out.
I want to comment positively on every photo but that's a lot of time.

Many times I use the hugo high five to acknowledge a post. So many times I come across a post where the comments are already there to praise or otherwise what I would have said myself, so would repeat the other posts. Always feel a bit bad about not having something to say as I appreciate so much when my posts are commented on. It is a bit of a downer when you post a thread thinking it is just the bee's knee's and no comments.:D But heck easier to take than getting up in the morning.
I do though miss a lot of posts, so sometimes go through all the new posts, and try to give feed back to any post which I have something to say. Which certainly does not mean a post is not good if I dont, it is my lazyness if I am honest if I don't reply.
I also do not contain the wit that many of these great post's generate so feel a bit inadequate at joining in., Feel as if i've been to a councillor writing that ;)

Last edited:
Praise comes from the heart, when one is indifferent to or does not like a picture, one keeps silent. If one likes a picture, but feels it may be improved upon by slight ajustment, one should possibly say so. Constructive criticism done politely shall always be accepted. But in the end, we cannot comment on everything we like, albeit my wife claims I do.

I voted: keep quiet. But it really depends.... Well, if I really dislike a photo, I keep quiet... Why argue about taste?
But when I like a photo but there are technical or artistic matters that distract, or keep the photo from being very good, I will tell - most of the times..... Something like that.

This for sure. Most of the time I’ll just not comment on a photo I don’t like, but if I feel it was close to
Something I would, I might suggest ways it could be improved.

Back