Critique Welcomed I'm Being watched...

Brian Moore

...as my daughter and son-in-law prepare to unleash the Mighty Oakley on the Dog Beach section of Huntington Beach.

Canon P and Canon 35/1.8 LTM with Kodak 400 film.

Developed 5 rolls of color film yesterday and realized I initially attributed this shot to the wrong camera. I actually shot it with my Olympus XA2. Same film, though.

Last edited:
That is a great picture. The tones and the grain in the image make it look more like a vintage painting than a photo.

A picture that I can ponder over for a while. like the variety Huntington beach has to offer along with these nostalgic colours.
I remember my first times on this forum the mentions of the dreaded DSG and smile to myself as at the time I came to the conclusion that it was a bird, how daft I was ;)

Dodkins Surveillance Gull. A one-time member here had gulls spying on people. Or so the story goes.
Yes Dodkins went to the other side and became a spokesman for the Fuji's clan , or a moderator at least. I dont scan other forums as I used to and have lost touch with what he is up to these days.

A one-time member here had gulls spying on people.
Actually he had a cheeky habit of metamorphosing into a variety of bird shapes (examples aplenty reside deep in the RPF vaults), and would then take wing to spy on us as we practiced our photographic arts.

Back