In the Dark Spaces

I have always had that odd feeling of being watched when I go into the attics of the old house in Gross Himstedt. The other night, after doing some tidying up there, I remembered that I'd left the windows open. As I climbed the staircase to the attic I heard a rustling noise and thought, "Oh no, another bird has got in". I turned the light on and tried to look around, which was not easy as only one of the lights works and it only has a 40W bulb in, but the moon provided further light. And then I saw them...

DarkSpaces-9_zpsce37f7e5.jpg

DarkSpaces-8_zpsf8df5a9d.jpg

DarkSpaces-4_zps42361c01.jpg

DarkSpaces-1_zps488607f6.jpg

DarkSpaces-2_zps4f42f6ef.jpg

I went back the next night also. They were there again but something had changed and no longer did they seem so friendly. I didn't stay long!

DarkSpaces-7_zpsd35369ff.jpg

DarkSpaces-5_zpsd4baa095.jpg

DarkSpaces-3_zpsf35e7e42.jpg

DarkSpaces-6_zps474d148c.jpg

Leica M9 + Zeiss 50mm Sonnar ZM f/1.5. PP in LR, Nik ColorFX 4 and Nik SilverFX Pro 2.

Last edited:
Its probably best that you post these in a morning rather than just before I am about to get some sleep (or indeed not sleep now!)

I must say...I am not a fan of horror movies. I'm a big chicken. So my lack of sleep tonight will be blamed on you. Nice set though.

Last edited:
The first one is a masterpiece Pete.
Absolute stunning image! You know me, the weirder, darker, the stranger, the better for me.
These tick all the boxes for me....... But that first one.... DAM that's good!

what an eerie and fascinating set, Pete. Ab Fab!

I especially like #1, as well as #s 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. :) Looking back for the 4th or 5th time #6 keeps drawing me in. She reminds me of Miss Havisham.

Creeeeeeeepy! :D

I've always thought dolls were evil - and I have three sisters. The damn things (dolls, not sisters) were all over the house, just staring, wide-eyed. Scary. Thanks for reawakening that memory, Pete!

Ominous portent leaves my mind with a sense of dread here Pete. Also some jealousy as I've wanted to successfully capture the unknown creepy mystery of dark spaces and never quite rendered it in a satisfied manner.

Dolls will remain an object of horror for me, yet your toys in the attic are goals.

Back