iPhoneography snaps thread

Grabbed this shot of Pittsburgh through the window of a Delta jet flying at 35,000 feet or so last Tuesday. We were traveling from Washington DC back to Montana after a visit with our daughter, grandson and son in law. Taken with my iPhone 5.

There was some high thin clouds on the right side of the photo, otherwise the arise was pretty clear.

10476795816_6a4bc9c119_b.jpg

Love that aerial shot!

I'm away on holiday this week in the Whitby area (my first visit to this area) an although I'm shooting with 4 cameras (D800, GS645S, FA and X100) I have no means of editing/processing until I'm home next week. So - I'll be slapping some iPhone pix up in the meantime.

This was Whitby today. Hope it works ok straight off the iPhone via my photo stream to my iPad.

image.jpg

Looks great. I sometimes wish that my Canon 5D MKII would let me select photos to same to my PhotoStream. Then I could quickly edit them on my phone.

Here's another from yesterday - shot into the sun as we came back into the harbour on a 40% replica of Captain Cook's Endeavour. Looks more moonlit than mid day to me. A bit of a cheesy trip but swmbo enjoyed it :)

image.jpg

Scarborough today. The harbour was ok but the town itself was a dump!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks Pete :)

We're in Saltburn today - so here's a quick snap I've just done of the pier. Posting using the cafe's WiFi whilst topping up the caffeine tanks with a double espresso :)

image.jpg

Ta :)

Alas, no timing. It wasn't working so I guess that is it's default position. I do quite like that for a phone shot. I like the 2-3-1 :)

Spent most if the day today getting my car fixed. I filled up with cheap diesel at a supermarket yesterday and it's killed my fuel filter. Slogging over pitch black moors with the car in "limp mode" last night was no fun I can tell you - the missus was not a happy bunny. Rac dude towed us to an rac approved backstreet garage in Middlesborough today and, fingers crossed, all seems ok. Just have to dilute that half a tank of syrup as soon and as often as we can!

So - all I managed today were a few snaps in the village we're staying in. Here is a row of cottages just next to ours taken with my iPhone.

image.jpg

The adventure continues (see above). Today my wife fell down some steps on the way down to Robin Hood's Bay - and badly sprained both her ankles. She can't walk.

So - here's a shot of where we spent a big part of the day - and a twilight shot of Whitby on the way back to our digs.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Dave - your wife needs the curative powers of Black Sheep to help those ankles

black%20sheep%20beer.jpg

Should be available around Whitby - a few of these and she'll be dancing a jig! :D

Back