Meditation Upon Lily Lake

Brenton W. Cooper

Howdy...here is an area that I like to photograph, then bring the images to the 'puter and turn them into HDR imagery. Thanks for looking! The area is called Lakes Basin Recreation Area, it's in the northern Sierra Nevada Mountains about an hour's dirve west of Reno. It is north of Lake Tahoe.

p275642295-2.jpg

I like, that's a good blue. I don't do any landscape photography to speak of, but I do like shots of calm water ... I suppose if your sellin images you can only post little ones on forums?

Okay, it's too small! I can fill any monitor! Just tell me how and I'll re-send anew. I used the link provided. Give me the short-cut and I'll blow you away with great imagery! Every website's setup is a bit different! Give me a hint! Thanks for all the un-support!

Thanks for all the help...no one came to my rescue so I took matters into my own hands! Here's Loves Falls in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Sure it ain't in Yosemite National Park but it is in the Sierra Nevada Mountains...it's the northern arm of the Yuba River! Enjoy thanks for lookin! Yep it's an HDR. One image processed 5x through Photomatix Pro 4, then run through Adobe CS5 and tweaked through Topaz Labs.

LakesBasin_2010-07-04_6470_.jpg

Last edited:
Brenton - love the location, great action with the water flowing through the frame.

The image does appear to have a strong yellow cast on my calibrated monitor though?

Tweaked version here:

LakesBasin_2010-07-04_6470_.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Chris...I'm checking my calibration and yours is alot better than mine. This is the info I was really not hoping for, but to more calibration tests. Thanks, I'll be back once I resolve this dilemma! Thanks! Wow my version suffers from Jaundice!

Sorry not to have been online to help a bit. I had to read through the threads on posting myself to work it out too. I've also had a few problems with colour shifts (even coming from a fully calibrated environment) going via Photobucket but none as bad as you had. Still, I'm glad you are up and running.

There's some pretty big rocks there!!

Yes sorry fr not being able to help out, I had people round last night, and apparently going on the forum when people are here is "antisocial" ;)

There is a tutorial on posting images in the header of the photo forums part of the forum... I perhaps new to make it clearer...
Although many forums use the same or similar software, it is down to interpretation on how to manipulate it to do what the forum owners want ... I shall make a bit more effort in providing a useful and easy to find tutorial :)

As for the yellow cast ... I had assumed it was intentional until I scrolled down... But I would, I intentionally do that sort of thing! :)

Thanks Chris...I'm checking my calibration and yours is alot better than mine. This is the info I was really not hoping for, but to more calibration tests. Thanks, I'll be back once I resolve this dilemma! Thanks! Wow my version suffers from Jaundice!

I found that using a Color Spyder device made a huge difference to my color calibration - not cheap, but well worth it as you look to show and sell images.

If you don't have one yet, worth checking out.

http://www.amazon.com/ColorVision-S3P100-Spyder3-pro/dp/B000X4X37A/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1287843059&sr=1-3

Thanks everyone, my calibration had slipped(stupid me)! Everything is good to go! No problems and thanks for all the great responses and the great feedback that everyone has chimed in on. Just getting my feet wet with this new forum. I once was a member of the Nikonians a few years back. There I believed every photographer I met thought that they they were the best thing going and that they never wanted to see an image from a Canon. Then the same was true with the Canon users in their own forum also. I do have both camera manufacturers gear, although I tend more toward the use of the Canon because the equipment is newer and more affordable than Nikon. Thanks for the great support!

nice scene of the " Loves Falls" i was really worried when i saw your image brenton with what looked like to be a SERIOUS white balance issue, chirs's version / edit has done wonders to an already grand setting. Sounds like your getting your set up sorted & cant wait to see more.

Daz

Thanks Darren, all in good time.

Back