Need advice

The Mamiya Press system goes from 6x4.5 up to 6x9 and is a very nice system. There's a person on eBay from S Korea that often has ver nice ones at reasonable prices and there are often some from Japan. I guess you'll find on in HK OK. The Press Universal is excellent.

I quite like the 645 format, it's a significant jump from 35mm to give a very significant increase in quality and still be portable. I've had a couple of M645's for over 30 years with 80mm and 45mm lenses. The 670 is only a slight increase in format size over a 645.

Having said that the MF cameras I tend to use the most are TLRs, and I've just been shooting with my Yashicamat 124G in Cyprus, I use Rolleiflex cameras here in the UK. I like the square format but I'm usually using a TLR alongside a Large format camera (5x4).

Ian

The Mamiya Press system goes from 6x4.5 up to 6x9 and is a very nice system. There's a person on eBay from S Korea that often has ver nice ones at reasonable prices and there are often some from Japan. I guess you'll find on in HK OK. The Press Universal is excellent.
Thanks Pete. I just done quick research on the Mamiya Press system, it seems the size it pretty huge, and I can tell Mamiya Press system is pretty rare in Hong Kong

I quite like the 645 format, it's a significant jump from 35mm to give a very significant increase in quality and still be portable. I've had a couple of M645's for over 30 years with 80mm and 45mm lenses. The 670 is only a slight increase in format size over a 645.

Having said that the MF cameras I tend to use the most are TLRs, and I've just been shooting with my Yashicamat 124G in Cyprus, I use Rolleiflex cameras here in the UK. I like the square format but I'm usually using a TLR alongside a Large format camera (5x4).

Ian
I did consider for a 500cm or a Rolleiflex, but right now I will give up the 500cm because I plan to get a fix len instead. I prefer range finder so I was thinking to get the GF670. I heard GF670 has discontinue, however I can still able to get a brand new in Hong Kong for about usd1500

If I didn't shoot 5x4 hand-held then I'd probably buy and use a GF670 instead, I think it's a nice practical camera. However with the equipment I already have I can't justify getting one myself. Go for it. MF is worthwhile.

Ian

Back