New header photo time ...

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
Submit your photos here ...
I'm hoping Rudi will enter his namib storm
Pete has something that sounds interesting too
Dodkin ... Get off your *** and get something for us ;)

Remember whatever it is, it needs to work wwwwiiiiiiiddddddeeeee
We might be able to make the header a little taller ... And we may, if we like more than a couple of the photos be able to make a rotating header image...

So come on watcha got? ;)

This one perhaps?

IMG_4291.jpg

One suggestion --
Make the header less tall. On netbooks and my old laptop I don't have all that much screen real estate. When I visit I always have to scroll down a lot to see much. The image above might work if it had top and some bottom cropped off.

Nice one Tim - I can feel the ocean lapping at my feet already! :)

Looks like it needs straightening though. And.. there are probably lots of better ones, ideally we should have lots of them, either on a slideshow rotation or else randomly selected whenever the page is loaded.

One suggestion --
Make the header less tall. On netbooks and my old laptop I don't have all that much screen real estate. When I visit I always have to scroll down a lot to see much. The image above might work if it had top and some bottom cropped off.

Ralph... i hate to say no to suggestions ... but unfortunately this is unlikely to happen ...
i appreciate what your issue is, but here in the office we like large headers for the impact they make ... with a large rotating header of a few very eye catching images the site will look really nice ... and when the argument against it can be solved by just scrolling down, unfortunately it is an argument that wont stand ... sorry about that, like i said, i hate to disappoint short term....
in the long term ... to solve your issue, we are going to look at a collapsible header that stays collapsed per session ... it just might take a bit of time to get sorted ...

Here's one, just to keep Hamish off of my case! ;)

red-rock-loop.jpg

A pano shot of Sedona's Cathedral Rock and surrounding landscape - taken from red rock loop road.

DarrenTurnerHeaderEntry.jpg

Tywyn Sunset

do you mean Rotating peter............?? lol

No Worries..........!!

Uh oh - I see this fellow has appeared on the header

dont-exist.png

Although by his file name - he doesn't exist...

Is it me or are rabbits starting to appear a bit too often in this forum? Of course it could just be a horrible nightmare of the kind that you wake up all bright eyed and bushy tailed..................

Now thats comedy Bom-Tishh!

Back