New member from a very wet Wallingford

Hi everyone,
I am 66 and have been into photography since I was a small lad looking at my Grandad's glass plate pictures.
I started with 2.25" square film and then on to 35mm black and white-35mm colour prints and slides and now digital, including working in mum's bathroom in the early days with the old red lamp and a board across the bath.
My cameras have been a Russian rangefinder, I think it was a Zorki, moved on to a Pentax SLR and finally a Minolta SLR.
Digitally I started with a Fuji S602 zoom, then a Fuji S7000 and the last bridge was a Fuji S9600 which I still have.I have now ventured into DSLR firstly with a Nikon D90 which I have recently upgraded to a Nikon D7000 which is a fantastic piece of kit.
My current lenses are Nikon 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 zoom, Nikon 10-24mm f3.5-4.5 zoom and a Nikon 105mm f2.8 macro.
I look forward to hearing from you all and sharing this wonderful hobby.

Welcome Mick. I'm in the UK at the moment not so far away from you, in Fleet: it's pretty damn wet here too! Nice avatar (wondered where you'd been these last few years!!). Well after that, welcome to RPF. I'm sure you're going to enjoy this place. I'm looking forward to seeing some images.

Welcome to the Forum Mick!
You can tell a long term photographer by how they refer to a format ... 2 1/4 square for eg ;)

The d7000 is a great camera!

Looking forward to seeing some shots!

Welcome Mick.
The whether is not doing to well today is it.
Hope you enjoy here as many do, and looking forward to seeing some pictures. :)

Hi Mick, and welcome. Your long history with photography will play a nice role in this group of friendly folks. Looking forward to seeing some of or work.
Ralph

Hey Mick, a very warm (and weather-wise wet) welcome from just down the road in Reading. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Ben

Welcome Mick - that's quite a journey from glass plate to DSLR - you'll fit right in here :) :)

Welcome Mick,

You are very to close to the architectural splendour of Oxford! Do you get there often? You will enjoy it here.

Thankyou all for the "welcomes" and in case you are wondering the avatar relates to the fact I was a boiler service engineer and I emerged from a rather dirty job a long time ago and my colleagues all cheered and yelled out "look everyone, sooty's here" and the nickname stuck for over 40 years !!

As far as images are concerned there are quite a few that I will put on over a period.(Have only just got round to using my Flickr account), but they will come, just finding my way round my new D7000 at the moment.

Back