News here is saying that Bin Liner is dead!

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
CNN reporting that the US got to him in a 'mansion' in Pakistan.

He's snuffed it apparently - deceased

Obama is on now

Confirmed the US got him

Got a lead last August - worked that lead - confirmed the location of Bin Liner last week

Pres ordered special forces to go in and physically take him out!

US have his body

[video]http://youtu.be/9VRmBku0IHc[/video]

Obama > Osama

Well I'm pleased that Bin Laden has been 'brought to justice' but I find the crowds cheering a death a bit disturbing. Whether this makes the world a safer place I do not know. All the time there is extreme imbalance in those that have and have not (whether financial, in possessions or equality) and fanatical religious leaders (whether in the Middle East or the US Bible belt) we will see problems around the world and anything but the most delicate and neutral foreign policies will have a tendency to inflame rather than ease situations I fear. We will have to wait and see (and continue to press our elected representatives to remember their place and who they are representing and why).

There's a very poignant line in black hawk down ...
It's somthing like "you can kill the man, but you can't kill the ideal"
It's about time western politics leant that fact if you ask me!

You can only imagine the impact over here though - Pete, the cheering makes me uneasy too, but on the flipside they've been conditioned to demonize the man, and now he's dead.

Big political win for Obama - will potentially get him his 2nd term - so the effects may be wide-spread politically here

Back