ON MY STREET

Julian de'Courcy

The street I frequent has houses on one side and water on the other, with lots of thing happening on either side.
Displayed in order as taken.
E-M5 kit 12-50mm LR & Cs6

_5100016.jpg

_5100017.jpg

_5100032.jpg

_5100036.jpg

My street is very boring compared to yours, Julian. So I don't think I could contribute to a theme.

Excellent insight, again, into the community. How's the Sharksfin Bar? The first is the best of the lot, I think. Just a perfect composition.

I like them all, they bring me back, but I dare say that you have chosen to present them first ones in a sombre way while the last one is realistically more correct, colour wise. That does not mean that I do not like how you did it. :D Very good and no Merlin this time and still managed. Atta boy.

Nice compositions with interesting subjects, but a bit high-key for my taste except for the last one.

I can feel a theme coming on! Cracking set, Julian.
Thank you Pete, I seem to only photo fishermen and have done so for a few years now. Three or four so maybe my own theme needs to change.

My street is very boring compared to yours, Julian. So I don't think I could contribute to a theme.

Excellent insight, again, into the community. How's the Sharksfin Bar? The first is the best of the lot, I think. Just a perfect composition.
Thank you Rob. My street can be wet though if not careful. I imagine getting it together and getting into the city to grab a few photo's. Not really up to it so have not done so but dream about the delights to be had there..
The Sharksfin is fine I'd imagine. I dont frequent bars often , I find them boring. A man from the cold Norse took into the sharksfin where I received a nice coffee and had an hour a very good company on that occasion. .
The building was a fish and net store as were all or most of these buildings on the quay front at one time. The bar is recent about three years. One thing Mevagissey has been is a working fishing village and although visited a lot by the tourists, did not have the yuppy influx that many small villages like St.Ives and Fowey had. That is slowly changing and the large 4x4 that barely fits along the quay and the loud demanding arrogant voices are sadly starting too be heard more and more. Yet generally it is still a decent community which does have a few months on it's own throughout the winter to function in a civilized way.

I like them all, they bring me back, but I dare say that you have chosen to present them first ones in a sombre way while the last one is realistically more correct, colour wise. That does not mean that I do not like how you did it. :D Very good and no Merlin this time and still managed. Atta boy.
It means you would like it too be like it is not :p Yes the last is a bit closer to reality I wanted to play in LR so clicked about to get that oldy look. Thanks you again for the coffee in the Sharksfin.

Nice compositions with interesting subjects, but a bit high-key for my taste except for the last one.
Thanks John. I was playing around and think that the style could have been done far better by someone who wished to put more time into the processing. I'm not fully content myself and agree with what you say.
Probably trying to get a bit of the wonderful Mr . B Moore tones that I adore.

It means you would like it too be like it is not :p Yes the last is a bit closer to reality I wanted to play in LR so clicked about to get that oldy look. Thanks you again for the coffee in the Sharksfin.
You mean that coffee that went cold before you drank it, due to talking a lot?:D You are welcome to another one, but warm preferably, if I should stumble in that direction again. You never know where a Norseman lands!:rolleyes:

You mean that coffee that went cold before you drank it, due to talking a lot?:D You are welcome to another one, but warm preferably, if I should stumble in that direction again. You never know where a Norseman lands!:rolleyes:
I'm not fussy, hot or cold as long as it is black. Next time I'll hang around a while longer and have maybe two :)

Back