Out Of The Race

No one had opened the bypass on the millpond at the old mill at Greywell and the water was roaring through the millrace and into the river below.

OutoftheRace-1_zps036fb235.jpg~original

Sigma DP2 Merrill. ISO 100, 1/40s at f1/11. PP in SPP, LR, Nik SilverFX Pro 2.

Makes a nice abstract, Pete, and I like the editing. Love the rush of energy, dissipating outwards.

DP2M, eh? It's beginning to get a bit too trendy. Think I'll sell mine already!

Really good Pete, this has worked out a treat. The sort of image I'd attempt to print and if it came out as it is seen , for me a winner.

Thanks Julian. It depends on what those highlights look like in a print. I'll give it a go I think.

Yes the screen can often deal with those where as print there is nothing there. Like it a lot, it would for me be an initial inconspicuous photograph on a wall, maybe not too large, that asks the viewer engage .

Still no image Peter. On my iMac i can see it is struggling to download. As I type I can see the little rotating circle spinning and spinning.

Tom I've been having problems on here where the occasional picture does not show and have to refresh. The site has also been signing me out at random, not the browser I think ,as other sites are ok.

I think it sessions out more regularly than some sites ... There might be a setting, but I not see it as a problem.

Regarding image load times ... Weight on the server will affect this, it happens to all sites, but if you spend a lot of time on a single site you will notice it more.
We are still on a shared server ... All be it dedicated to my company. There Are a good few sites on it, some draw resources more at some times of day and that can effect things. But the reality is, with the power of the server as it is, on average we use such a low % of resources this is currently the most cost effective option by a good margin!
In short, the odd hiccup, although not ideal, is just part of the deal for now. To do better, we would have to charge a subscription, and I don't want to do that! :)

Back