Attention PLEASE USE THE MEDIA LINK ...

It's all the showcase photographs - so I can't see any of them other than as small squares. I can't see some of the normal forum images either (Brian's Blue Shark for instance). I keep getting logged out in spite of telling it to keep me logged in and every time I post I get error messages. I have to post a second time and then it usually works. I can't reply with a quote either. The only breathing time I get is at work, but I can't seem to use the forum from here any more...

I don't know what to say to you Lesley unfortunately, dont have any other reports of similar issues and have no way of replicating your problems to investigate
HAve you tried clearing cashes and cookies, updated the browser, all that sort of thing?

Hamish, the new Forum to my mind, isn't as nice as the old one, sorry but it had to be said. Also I like the option to put photos wherever I like, if I can't do this I'll just watch occasionally ?

This is a shame as I need some help early next week.

The old forum was really good....................

Regads (& respect)

Dave

Why can't you put photos wherever you like? There are MORE places here to put photos.

Also, I have no problem with the critisism at all, but I do need something to work with (eg you don't like the colour or the fonts or whatever)

I have tried pretty hard to retain the function of the old site or improve on it. Bar the home page, there is very little real functional difference in the forum it's self...?

I've even reduced the amount of forums Dave, which I think was our suggestion ... :)

I don't know what to say to you Lesley unfortunately, dont have any other reports of similar issues and have no way of replicating your problems to investigate
HAve you tried clearing cashes and cookies, updated the browser, all that sort of thing?

There's not much I can do at work I'm afraid. I can't recall what they are using, but it's years out of date. Clearly it was OK with the old forum, but not this. I prefer to browse the images during my lunch break because our connection at home is so very bad. If indeed we have a connection at all. I may comment less than before. I hope nobody minds...

I think you are seeing a cached version Dave, I have done that already. Try refreshing a few times

Hamish - there were two download buttons. The one on the right, which you got rid of the other day for me, but I mentioned the remaining one elsewhere today. It sits about a quarter of the way in on the right hand side from memory. It was there when I left work, so I believe it is the same one Dave is referring to.

Just went back to check - Download Full Hugo High Five at the bottom right hand corner of the image

I also saw the Download button Glenn shows. Wondered why that was there

Where is the quote facility ? This is hard work........................

But then, patience never was my middle name !

Dave

One more little comment and question.

Hamish,
When I view the New Posts there is a little dot in front of the title of the thread. Tapping on that dot takes me to the first unread post in that thread. Works fine. But on my iPad the dot is tiny and my finger is big. I often end up bringing up the profile of the person who started the thread. Anyway to make the Dot bigger or put a little more space between the dot and the graphic for the person who started the post?

But then, patience never was my middle name !

Dave

Dave - you and me too! The posts are harder to separate, but if you look closely at the bottom right hand corner, there is a # for the number of posts per thread, then Hugo High Five and then Reply :)

I have cleared my history ect Hamish and without being signed in can still download I have just downloaded Glenns not sure why but when I tried to repost its saying file size to big lol) Glenn I will delete this
Ya Dave...there is something weird going on with file sizes. I followed the 1000-2000px and less than 2mb rule...and it gives me trouble some times.

screenshot.jpg
But then, patience never was my middle name !Dave

Dave...when you hit reply within the post...lower right of the specific post...it pulls up the quote. On my windows machine when you hover over it it comes up with a box that says "Reply, quoting this message".

Last edited:
ah yes, cheers, ill get rid of that as soon as i can!

Dont know what to say Lesley, you have my sympathies, but I cant stunt the growth of the forum for the odd archaic computer :/

Just looked at the file size I downloaded (just deleted it) not sure why but it had grown to 11 mb when we can only upload 2mb wierd
Except for the RAW file on my computer....I have nothing close to that size. o_O I have no clue what is going on...but I didn't have any problem uploading a pic a few minutes ago. I'll blame it on Hamish. ;)

Back